[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me your opinion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: msv3.jpg (80 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
msv3.jpg
80 KB, 450x300
Got a new job and in a few months I'll have my major debts paid off finally allowing me to purchase a fun vehicle. No more fwd econobox! Well i'll still daily my shitbox, but I want to get something fun. Unfortunately, I can't decide on one 100%.

First things I know I want are RWD/AWD, No convertible, and stick. Main usage would be spirited weekend driving, a couple track days a year, and a roadtrip a year or eoy. Top out of what I'd feel like spending $25k~ I'm looking at buying a house at the same time.

Cars that have struck my eye:
R32 GTR: Match my qualifications, plus the uniqueness. Parts can be a bit pricey/hard to find. Market in the US is inflated above the value. I wouldn't mind paying 20k for a 25yo nissan if it had the mods I'd be putting on anyway. Have to look for rust and the rb26 oil pump issue.

240sx- Cheap as hell, but I only want the ones with sr20/rb20/25 swaps. Being cheap they allow me to exercise my tuning kink. Old nissan problems with rust and most of them have been turned into drift cars. Kinda plain

c5/older c6 - meets qualifications, and some high mileage c5's are cheap enough to allow me to start modding straight away. I am mechanically familiar with sbc, so wrenching will be easy. Unfortunately, I don't like that it comes with an advertisement about my dick size. Have to go coilovers for irs.

996- Fits qualifications. Can be cheap because porsche purists hate them, but then I have to deal with porsche people. No experience with the H6 and parts can be expensive. If I find one that was a trade in at a dealership I might not be able to tell if the ims/rms/clutch services were completed.

thoughts or suggestions?
>>
Cayman S
>>
>>15290563
Get your house first. Live with the shitbox a little longer.
>>
>>15290574
I can get both! The amount I have calculated for a toy won't impact anything else.
>>
>>15290571
and I mean the previous gen, 987 I think?

Just make sure it has an LSD because those were optional and I think came with an open diff unless selected

dont get a 240sx its a shitbox theres no point if you have 25k to blow unless you want a full-on build + swap

could always get an IS F, but those are a bit rare + you can't tune the ECU, it's a bit like the jap merc amg to bmw's m3

what about an s2000? a little low on power but great track car
>>
>>15290571
Damn yea I had that on the list too, Kind of fits in there with the 996 stuff though.

also i left off
RX7- USDM prices for the 93-95 are ridiculous and I'd have to wait until next year to get a JDM, though I could probably save a bit ordering earlier and avoid the inevitable inflation. Downside "muh apex seals".

M3- overplayed but I could burn one down and not feel too bad about it.
>>
>>15290563
new BRZ's and mx-5's can be had for $25k-30k
>>
>>15290595
I find S2000's and miats are a bit cramped.
>>
>>15290612
Ya know, this whole journey started with me wanting an FR-S, but 200 at the crank kinda killed it for me. My shitbox has 184 hp, I kinda want a bit more.
>>
>>15290641
get a 4th gen camaro and twin turbo it
>>
>>15290661
I'd be all over an f-body, but I don't care about drag racing much.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.