[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point in having locking lug nuts when master
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 460x287
What's the point in having locking lug nuts when master kits exist?
>>
If they want to have it, they will get it. Security measures be damned.
Here, the just rip that shit out with brute force.
>>
deter opportunist thieves and necros
>>
It delays people ya idiot. So when the tilt sensor sets off my GPS alarm it gives me a few extra seconds to put underwear on before I run out with my AR. Of course this only works if I'm home but I can also call the police and the locks buy some time when they set off the motion alarm on my Arlo cameras.
>>
>>15285911
there is no point other than discouraging new thieves. Part of my job is helping remove wheel locks when the customer loses theirs (usually i think the mechanic forgets to give it back or whatever)

but what I'm getting at is I can remove any of them without damaging the wheel and in most case you wouldn't even notice any damage on the locks.

other than helping me make extra money at the shop, they are worthless.
>>
>lugbolts
>its harder for thieves to take the wheel off

who's laughing now, lugnut cucks
>>
>>15285984
>(usually i think the mechanic forgets to give it back or whatever)

You would be surprised, we've had customers bring their cars in for tyres, ask them where the locking key is

>oh we keep it at home

fucking really.

You would think when they leave the car with us they would put it on the passenger seat or something, instead we have to go raking through all your shit in the glove box and boot just to find the fucking things.

Or they are put on by some dweeb who doesn't understand what a torque wrench is and somehow tightens them more than the regular wheel bolts.
>>
>>15285911
To make sure only serious thieves get them?

Or, at least, thieves who carry a way of getting through windows, because everyone leaves the wheel nut key in the ashtray or a pocket.
>>
>>15285911

>he doesn't put locktite on his locking nuts
>>
>>15285911
Just squirt cheap gap-filling superglue into all the locknuts. That will discourage the car owner from ever using locknuts again.
>>
>>15285979
>necros
I know, right?! I'm sick of those fuckers stealing my wheels and having sex with them.
>>
>>15286026
Mine never leaves the truck. Since the day I bought it it's been kept in the glove box and when I go in for service I'll put it in the cup holder so they can see it. Of course my dealership is fucking stupid and always leaves a note on my invoice about how they couldn't find the fucking thing
>>
>2016
>Not converting to center lock

Better off with a center locking wheel because what kind of nigger walks around with a fuck huge wrench, a big one but I'm sure he's gonna get noticed.
>>
>>15285911
Getting caught with the tools gets the necro a few more years. That alone is worth the piece of mind.
>>
>Not taking your wheels off and bringing them into your house every night

Fucking idiots
>>
>>15287021
>he's gonna get noticed.
By whom, the crack whores?
>>
Wheel locks are installed at the dealership to deter theft on the lot.

thieves are now taking a new and better approach at dealing with them.
Step 1: Smash passenger window, open glovebox
Step 2: Look for wheel lock in glove box. If its not visible, proceed to step 3
Step 3: Unlock door and fuck ignition up
Step 4: Drive vehicle away as you pick glass shards out of your ass

They are literally pointless now. If a thief wants your wheels THAT badly, they'll take the whole damn vehicle.

The best part is the new locks are built like shit with a magnesium center, so if they aren't torqued to EXACT spec, or you try to remove them last with an impact, that shit is going to break right off and you'll have to nigger them off anyway. The only decent wheel locks I've seen are real old GM pickup locks that are all steel and have multiple contact points. The only problem is they wear out over time, but they aren't hard to remove at that point either.

The -best- is spline keys, specifically 7 spline, since regular sockets can't grab them at all, unlike 6 splines.
>>
>>15287011
>note on my invoice about how they couldn't find the fucking thing

Here, if they can't find it, they'll just phone you and ask where you put it. Or if it's being done while you wait, come back and ask you.
>>
>>15285911
Locks are for honest people.
>>
I make my own
>>
>>15286029
why wouldn't you keep them somewhere kinda hidden like where the spare tire is supposed to go?
>>
>>15285911
My car has shearing lug bolts and there are over 30 different possible security bits the manufacturer could have used
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.