[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Car insurance General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
104 KB, 1280x720
So i just bought a 2012 honda civic coupe dx on a salvage title, and i just got the title transfer done and the title was issued as a blue texas rebuilt title. i need advice and recommendations on good minimum liability insurance or the cheapest. any tips to reduce my monthly payments or tricks to reduce overall price. i plan on buying six months of coverage. any advice or guides? thanks
>>
>buying salvage junk
why? honest question
>>
Don't crash
>>
I live in New York and I have insurance on my Honda Accord 2004. My insurance is actually really low for someone my age, I only pay 8k a year so I'm pretty happy
>>
>>15282050
was only in a rear collision and was repaired buy a gentleman who bought it at an auction. engine works great and only has 43,000 miles on it. its also in very good condition inside and out with a very minor dent or two. brakes are also good with a slight wobble tht feels like its from the rear drum brake.
>>
>>15282050
state and age please

Also, never ever get minimum. It covers like $35,000 in property damage. If you fuck up, and hit a light post, those things cost $50,000 to put up.

Same for medical. I think the min in some states is $100,000. You injure one person, their medical expenses can be double of that.

i raised my min to like half a mill each, and only paying another $50 per 6 months.
>>
>>15282115
Depends on if you're what they call judgement proof.

In other words, do you have anything to your name that they could take away from you in bankruptcy?

If you're a poorfag or you've hidden your assets well enough (and they think you're a poorfag), just get the minimum the state mandates you get.

Sure if you're liable, it'll probably ruin your credit, but life will go on.

If you do have assets, do get enough insurance to cover them. You should know what you own and how much it's worth, and then get a policy that covers just that and no more.
>>
>>15282115
texas and 26
>>
>>15282050
>any tips to reduce my monthly payments or tricks to reduce overall price

Why do you own a car if you can't afford to insure/maintain it?
>>
>>15282085
666$ a month. TFW /o/tistic as fuck
>>
>>15282509
Unforeseen medical expenses for my son, he had heart surgery.
>>
>not getting literally ANY other year 9th generation where they fixed the horrendous camry-tier suspension

You fucked up OP.
>>
>>15282115
Fucking burgers. The insurance we get as part of our registration covers $5m or something worth of medical costs. Basic third party insurance covers $1-2m of property damage.
>>
>>15282115
Or you could just be that big of a fuck up.
>>
>>15282050
>buying salvage title
>ever, unless it's a million dollar classic that's been rebuilt by wizards
you fucked up bigtime. anything you saved up front, you're going to spend in the long run.
>>
>>15283713
be Ausfag
>2mil medical cover
>2mil cover if you have third party
FEELS GOODMAN
>>
Find an insurance broker and see what they can get for you, or just go online and get a bunch of free quotes, it's really not that hard.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.