[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have one of these, and it's at 5% oil life. Time to change
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
I have one of these, and it's at 5% oil life. Time to change that shit. And it needs to get done really soon, for obvious reasons. I'm a scrub, though. Have not changed the oil on a car before. My mom wants to have a pro do it, and she is the owner of the car, so I want to respect that, but the place she told me to take it to has it done by appointment only and for a price that seems maybe a bit high. ($32ish). And there are no appointments open until Monday. I don't want to push this. I did only hit 5% a day or two ago, but still, this isn't one to procrastinate on. Do you guys have any recommendations for chains that are good for oil changes and can get it done reasonably quickly without me having to go through any bullshit like setting an appointment several days in advance? I should ideally be able to just take it in whenever and get the oil changed in two hours tops. Or at worst call ahead and be able to schedule it within 24 hours and not at some bullshit early time or anything.

However, if you guys don't think I'll find anything at all reasonable, I'm open to just doing it myself at this point, too. But if that's what I gotta do, I'd like to know exactly how I should go about it.

I know some of you are going to be like, "Psh, look into this shit yourself," but this is truly urgent. This should really be taken care of today or tomorrow I feel.
>>
go to walmart they have oil changes ranging from 19.88 to 44.88$
i used to change oil there. its fuck easy and they use good oil
>>
also dont worry too much on the 5% light. just check it and top it off if its low if you know you cant change it right now
>>
>>15278017
At $32, I doubt you can get the oil and the filter for that price. And it isn't like it's your baby, it's someone else's car too.

How can they sell an oil change at $32 and make a profit anyway? It's like at least $25 for "meh" oil and $10 for the filter and then there's labor on top of all that.
>>
>>15278017
If you've never changed your oil before, do it at least once yourself otherwise stay forever a bitch. It's always more efficient to take your whip to a lube joint despite what "car guys" say. It's only a few bucks.
>>
>>15278077
It cost me $12 to change my oil yesterday and took about 15 minutes
>>
>>15278087
Yeah but you're probably a filthy nigger who doesn't mind getting down on his hands and knees like poor folk.
Changing your own oil is disgusting bottom feeder work, albeit a right of passage.
>>
File: 8ae.png (18 KB, 486x485) Image search: [Google]
8ae.png
18 KB, 486x485
>>15278123
this is bait
>>
The 5% means you've driven it about 6k miles since your last oil change. At least that's how it works out for me. I always assumed it was mileage based. If I don't feel like I've lost control of my life, I change it at 30%.

Also, you probably need to change the transmission fluid. Don't get a flush. Chain cucks will tell you they've done it a million times before but the automatic transmission in these benefits from fluid changes every 30k and eventually a pseudo flush where you fill and drain it 4 times, driving it in between in a specific pattern.
>>
>>15278067
When you buy a drum of oil and 45 filters at once the price is much cheaper.
>>
>>15278017
Your mom's car isn't going to self destruct if you don't change the oil immediately. Yes, learn to do it yourself but don't feel like the oil life meter is some timer for a bomb. Look up a Youtube video on how to change the oil for the car. Watch it twice or three times. Go slowly, take your time. Double check what you're doing against what the video shows. If you can follow directions, it'll be fine.
>>
>>15278017
OP the autozone kit with good oil and an oil filter costs about that much. If you're getting an oil change for that price they must use unbelievably shitty oil
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.