[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does it really matter what order you bleed brakes (furthest from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 2111.jpg (106 KB, 635x525) Image search: [Google]
2111.jpg
106 KB, 635x525
Does it really matter what order you bleed brakes (furthest from the master cylinder)?
>>
kindaa

its just a good idea to do things the right way anon

you will feel a sense of fulfillment knowing that you did what most lazy people didnt
>>
>>15271098
This. It should theoretically take less time to get all the air/old fluid out.
>>
>>15271107
So then it does not matter. Thanks.
>>
File: 32700874.jpg (3 MB, 2560x2049) Image search: [Google]
32700874.jpg
3 MB, 2560x2049
I hate bleeding brakes.

Fucking hate it. Every time you need to do it, your brakes are softer forever.

In the latest case, I've done a total bleed, still squishy. Had a quality shop machine bleed it, still squishy.

They firmed up a bit next week, but the firmest brakes of my cars are a new 2016 car, and an 80s car whose brakes have never ever had air in them for any reason.

The 300 microscopic air bubbles will haunt you forever.
>>
File: hej.jpg (221 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
hej.jpg
221 KB, 1024x1024
Question. If I am replacing the front brakes & rotors, is it ok if I just bleed the front brakes after I'm done or do I have to do all 4?
>>
>>15272529
The brake circuits are usually diagonal so unfortunately no you should do all four.
>>
>>15272541
What is the worst that could happen if I only did the front two only?
>>
>>15271895
That sucks man.
>>
>>15272565
You're literally killed with fire
>>
You don't need to bleed brakes after rotor/pad change. Only if you are changing master cylinder or if you have air in the system.
>>
>>15272575
>>15272541

Will pushing in the E-brake cause problems when bleeding all 4 brakes?
>>
>>15272653
Nope but it will make it a butch to remove the rotor
>>
>>15271895
Your master cylinder is fucked mate.
>>
File: lely.jpg (127 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
lely.jpg
127 KB, 531x471
>>15271895
>microscopic air bubbles
>>15272752
>Your master cylinder is fucked mate
>>
>>15271895
>I hate bleeding brakes.
You are not doing it right. Get a clear tube and put it on the nipple and the other end into a jar of brake fluid.
>>
>>15271077

if theres air in the system yeah, you have to do it by the specific order. if you just want to change old fluid, do it any order

>>15272629

this, or after you change a caliper/wheel cylinder

its such a myth you have to crack the bleeders doing pad changes, i remember on college they said if you dont you will fuck up the ABS almost always. ive done maybe 500 brake jobs at work, never cracked a bleeder, not 1 problem

if anything fucking bleeders snap right off here in Canada so you dont bother touching that shit lol
>>
>>15271077
Yes, it matters.
>>
>>15272541
Diagonal for some countries, front/back for others.
>>
>>15271077
bleeding is a pain so why not do it the right way the first time?
>>
>>15272529
if you're not opening the brake system you can often get by without bleeding. Test the pedal before bleeding it. Air can get past the piston while it's retracting but not always.
>>
>>15275377
Is there nothing wrong with pushing brake fluid back into the master cylinder?
>>
>>15275477
That's what most manuals say. Pop the lid on master cylinder so air can escape, leave lid on top of cylinder though because fluid may squirt all over the place.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.