[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>first car and only car ive driven is an old accord with no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: nah.jpg (55 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
nah.jpg
55 KB, 600x900
>first car and only car ive driven is an old accord with no ABS
>been driving for 3 years now
>today im driving my friends car which has abs and since im alone im gunning it and going fast through the streets
>pickup infront of me slows down to pass a speed bump
>i calculate the distance before i need to stop accelerating and start braking
>almost slam into the pickup cause abs wont lockup

HOLY SHIT why is abs considered a safety feature? It seems like it almost doubles braking distance
>>
maybe if you weren't such a shit driver you would have understood how ABS works and would have utilized it properly
>>

TOPPEST OF ALL KEKS
>>
>gunning it and going fast through the streets
>pass a speed bump

Then you shouldn't be going fast in an area with fuckin' speed bumps.
>>
>>15269259

this

abs makes braking distances longer

but it allows you to steer while braking hard, no need to threshold brake

op is a dumbass
>>
>thinks locking up the brakes is a good idea
>too stupid to understand ABS
>driving a friends car like a retard
nigga pls
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 500x352
>>15269239
>>
>friend has a total shitbox
>let him borrow mine assuming he'll treat it nicely
>tells me he almost hit someone
>blames the car

Wat do?
>>
>>15269301
Secretly install ABS on his shitbox.
>>
>>15269267
>then you shouldn't be going fast in an area with fuckin' speed bumps.

He wasn't driving his car. He had borrowed a friend's car. So that was why he was having fun abusing it on the speed bumps. It was not his car.

As he said:
>today im driving my friends car which has abs and since im alone im gunning it and going fast
>>
>>15269239
>Hooning it in your friend's shitbox that he trusted you with
kill yourself
>>
>>15269239

>almost slam into the pickup cause abs wont lockup

that's the whole fucking point of ABS you fucking retard. they dont call it anti-lock brake for no reason. learn to fucking drive.
>>
>>15269239
maybe stop driving like a fucking retard
>>
Jesus christ OP do you just drive around town in your car locking the fucking brakes up everywhere? Have you ever watched a car race and seen them come into a corner and watch 23 cars simultaneously leave 180 foot skid marks into a turn?
>>
You're not slowing down if you're locked up. Ideally you want to under rotate the wheels.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.