[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Turn signals stopped working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160607_125141.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160607_125141.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
I was sitting at an intersection, waiting to turn left, when it just stopped blinking with the left turn signal on. Neither side works, but the hazards and parking lights do and the fuse is good. It can't be the flasher since it still flashes with the hazards and the turns and hazards share the same flasher. I'm thinking it's the switch, but I'd like some outside opinions before I go and buy a new switch for $250. I don't want to feel like an asshole for not signalling for too much longer.
>>
>>15249630
Go to junk yard and pull a switch lever. My civic did that and I replaced it and it worked. Just pocket it
>>
>>15250151
A junkyard switch is usually only like $13. No reason to pocket it.
>>
>>15249630
Did you check your blinker fluid OP? you could be low
>>
chek blinker oil
>>
>>15249630
A lot of cars have 2 flashers. One for signals and one for hazards
>>
>>15249630
What about the relay?
>>
>>15250460
This, especially if it's the pictured legacy, 99% that's the problem.
>>
Kinda related.

Was driving last night and when i pulled into a parking lot the "high beam" indicator came on for acouple seconds twice. After that it went back to normal.

I didnt have my high beams on

Is that an indication that i should change my bulbs?
>>
Is this a Subaru?
>>
If it is use http://jdmfsm.info
>>
>>15250487
>>15250506
It is the car in pic related. 1998 Legacy GT.

>>15250457
The wiring diagram for my car shows only one flasher. I've already replaced it before anyway so it shouldn't have gone bad this soon anyway.

>>15250460
The flasher is the relay. Already replaced it before anyway.
>>
my front left side turn signal on my legacy stopped working a few weeks ago, and the problem was just the clip somehow magically got disconnected from the bulb. plugged it back in and voila!!!
>>
>>15250388
it fits in your pocket. so pocket it
>>
File: Screenshot_20160612-200427~01.png (352 KB, 1314x733) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160612-200427~01.png
352 KB, 1314x733
>>15252409
No it doesn't. Subaru a dumb that generation and made both stalks on the same unit.
>>
>>15250457
Subaru uses a single flasher. Turn signals wont event work if the hazard button isn't plugged in or vice versa. Ask me how I know.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.