[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wanted to swap out my autotragic econobox for a manual econobox
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>wanted to swap out my autotragic econobox for a manual econobox
>sold my Cobalt and got a 09 Lancer
>like my new car, but dad likes it even more since he hasn't enjoyed driving stick in over a decade
>leave for basic training a month after purchase where I'll learn to be an obedient sheep for the gubberment
>about 2 months in, ask my dad how the car is doing over the phone
>tells me he's started driving it to work most days, and has already got an intake, tune, exhaust, and headers for it
>apparently there is "more work being done" he wants to be a surprise
>dad is turning my practical, docile pretty-much-a-Corolla into a fucking Evo

I was planning to trade it in for a more fun car with RWD (350Z/Catfish/E46) but now I don't know if I want to sell my dads project car (which will probably lose resale due to mods) or continue ricing my boring econobox. Wat do?
>>
let him have it, "hey dad, thanks for raising me"
>>
>>15248713
Settle on a car you want and then ask your father for an amount of cash equal to what you'd need to buy that one, or whatever amount you think your car would go for to sell it to him.

It wasn't really his car and he should've talked to you about modding it first, and now that he's 'ruined' it he should take responsibility for his actions in some form or another desu.
>>
>>15248713
eh once you graduate basic and ait you'll get a mustang/challenger/wrx like the rest of the new boots like a good boy
>>
>>15248725
I legitimately can't put into words how much of a deluded retard you are
>Oh well he started driving my car and ruined it with mods without my permission, better just give it to him
>>
>>15248713
>dad is turning my practical, docile pretty-much-a-Corolla into a fucking Evo
>into a fucking Evo

no. no he isn't. your lancer will never be an evo, no matter how hard he tries.
>>
File: mercy.png (175 KB, 570x651) Image search: [Google]
mercy.png
175 KB, 570x651
>>15248796
>>15248738
Same guy.

OP once you get your govment money check you'll be buying something newer. Let him have it or be a dick and take it back.

Entirely depends on if they bought or helped pay for the cobalt or for this 09 lancer.
>>
>>15248805
He can easily turn it into a Ralliart though
>>
File: 1465674911239_0.png (363 KB, 769x742) Image search: [Google]
1465674911239_0.png
363 KB, 769x742
>>15248796
>Dad is basically modding your car and because of it, getting you into the world of car modding shitboxes to make them fun.
>You think he is destroying your car and you want to bitch about it.

What a disgraceful son of a bitch.
>>
Ask him if he wants to buy it? I mean you paid for the car, he clearly loves it so why not?
>>
>>15248713
>headers
>ers
>rs
>s

sorry bro, but the ricer mods aren't going to get a gst anywhere near an evo. I feel bad for your dad wasting his money on car that could only be fast if you replaced basically the entire car with literally any other sub-sport sub-compact, 0-60 in 15 seconds, flinstones-style, kek bucket

>I don't know if i want to sell my dads project car
so is it your car or your dads car? why is your dad fucking up your car for you? Dad's are supposed to let you fuck things up on your own so that you can learn and become a strong alpha male. Somethings wrong with your dad, you should find a new one and one that isn't 7 years older than you

>lose resale due to mods
you mean bolt ons? Just throw the stock stuff back on and sell it. dont' worry about reverting to the original tune, lancers are generally bought by basketball americans to use when they rob banks, run over people in cross walks, and watch the hottest new hip hop videos on their 12" phone while driving.

>>15249713
>easily
a hot air intake and a fart can does not make it a ralliart. this nigga would need to swap a ton of shit which would probably end up costing so much that he'd have to sell his trailer home and live in a lancer gts where he looks up at the cheap ceiling made of asbestos every night and thinks to himself "hey, at least I get to drive my *peppy*, pretty much an awesome evo race car every day"

>>15248713
in all seriousness OP, you should do whatever you think will make you happiest in the long run. I think i've seen you post your car before so I'm guessing you probably like it and are happy to have it in your life. maybe just stick with the lancer, keep wrenching on it with dad and see where it takes you. a gts with an unusual engine/tranny swap making 600 awhp would cost you a tremendous amount of money, but would be a nasty sleeper
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.