[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think electric cars will take over by the end of the century?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Nissan-Leaf.jpg (61 KB, 640x340) Image search: [Google]
Nissan-Leaf.jpg
61 KB, 640x340
Do you think electric cars will take over by the end of the century? Do you think they're a good idea or do you think they'll stay the minorities of the car world?
>>
>>15246518
>by the end of the century
More like before 2050 and I like combustion engines.

The only thing that still keeps them from taking completely over is the battery tech.
It's literally only this reason.

Electric cars could be technologically WAY simpler built like combustion engine cars. A lot less parts and if done right, should be even more durable but yeah, fucking batteries.
>>
>>15246530
http://www.autoworldnews.com/articles/5505/20131218/gas-powered-vehicles-will-continue-to-rule-u-s-roads-in-2040.htm
>>
Combustion engines aren't going anywhere. We might see petroleum-based fuels kick the bucket in the next 100 years but there are a plethora of combustible fuels that we've already invented/discovered that can easily replace conventional gasoline.
>>
>>15246518
Within the next 15 years.
>>
>>15246608
Yeaaaah...another anon posted a link saying that many experts are predicting only 1% of cars being EVs by 2040...so in the next 15 years? Yeah, suuuure.
>>
File: zombie 222 electric mustang.jpg (263 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
zombie 222 electric mustang.jpg
263 KB, 960x640
the power potential from electric motors is terrifying
like absolutely spank the shit out of ICE terrifying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAwIsKC7ROQ

only limitation is batteries energy density and cost per kWh

they make the perfect normie cars because quiet and hard to break or beat on

i'm hoping hybrid tech can keep the glorious V8 alive for a while longer though
>>
>>15246663
those are predictions made by people who have never seen an S curve and electric cars are definitely in an S curve right now

once we see a 25k Ev with 200 miles of range is when the shift will speed way up
>>
Try 2030.

California's Air Resource Board is already planning on banning the sale of new cars with internal combustion engines by that year.
>>
>>15246575
Yes, I'm sure the 2013 Energy Outlook is totally correct in saying 1% of cars will be electric in 2040
>>
>>15246663
Did you even read the link or do you just believe everything you see on 4chan and Reddit?
>>
>>15247109
> can do two passes before it's out of juice
>>
File: 49.jpg (103 KB, 1270x791) Image search: [Google]
49.jpg
103 KB, 1270x791
>>15247109
I'll bet you a 1000 bucks that piece of shit will get destroyed by a GT350R around a track.
>>
>>15247173
like i said
battery energy density is the limitation, and that's constantly becoming less and less of an issue.
as soon as someone comes up with the successor the lithium polymer batteries it'll become even less of an issue
>>
>>15247189
Well it's a drag car so obviously
>>
>>15247109
>world's quietest burnout
>loud music playing.
Why?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.