[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I went on a run to Scotland in the last few days and took
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Opel_Astra_H.jpg (87 KB, 922x519) Image search: [Google]
Opel_Astra_H.jpg
87 KB, 922x519
So I went on a run to Scotland in the last few days and took my parents' 06 Vauxhall Astra (H).

> Engine flat out quit on the motorway while doing 70 mph - all the electrics still on
> No lights on the dash
> Drifted off to the side of the motorway and let the car "cool down"
> Turning the ignition did nothing - no starter motor, no nothing, just electrics
> Only the powersteering pump/fan I could hear but I didn't check exactly
> Engine starts again
> Fails to maintain an idle and quits
> Try again - works
> Get to my destination and do the pedal test
> Get a shit load of fault codes

020100 Injector Malfunction 1
020200 Injector Malfunction 2
020300 Injector Malfunction 3
020400 Injector Malfunction 4

021901 Engine Overspeed Condition
023002 Fuel Pump Circuit
065070 Malfunction Indicator (Steering Module possibly)
16003A ECU or engine torque not plausible
210300 CAN-Bus Circuit Malfunction
210400 CAN-Bus Reset Counter Overrun
210870 CAN-Bus and ABS Malfunction
213970 Invalid Signal from CIM (Steering Module)

> Car runs fine all the way back home (210 mile journey)
> Park car
> Out of curiosity, try the pedal test again, no more errors
> This morning car won't start at all.

There's no check engine or immobilizer light. My OBD port isn't bus powering my scanner so I can't check it. ECU isn't responding or displaying any issues when pedal testing. There's no dash lights indicating issues. Is my ECU fucked? What the fuck is going on here?
>>
>>15245061
its a piece of UK shit. dump it in a lake and buy better car
>>
>210300 CAN-Bus Circuit Malfunction

aaaaahaha

oh lawd.

toss that shit into the nearest river. what a pile of shit car.
>>
>>15245061
OP how much would you sell your front grill and rear badge for so i can put them on my saturn astra?
>>
>>15245477

>tfw a decade ago I saw tons of dudes swapping their Opel grill for a Vauxhall one

just fucking why.
>>
>>15245522
we dont have opel in canada so the blitz thing looks pretty cool, and i think its more of an opel than a saturn
>>
>>15245065
It's a German car with Vauxhall badges on.
>>
>>15245555
Pretty sure these were still made in Elsmere port
>>
in the united states it was called a saturn astra, I had one

It was a pile of shit, get rid of it.
>>
>>15245061
Euro quality
>>
Check the connection to the ECM, make sure no wires are pinched. That is a ton of errors for a car to throw all of a sudden.
>>
>>15246822
This
>>
>>15246822
Yup. Also check power and grounds all over the car, not just for the ecm.
>>
>>15245555 (Checked)
Most engines and many electronics are actually american GM turds.
Some diesel engines are actually Fiat or Isuzus.

But regarding your issue OP, CAN bus DTCs usually means your ECU is fucked, or more likely the wiring is fucked. Check for obvious issues, but if the OBD port doesn't even get any power after turning the ignition on, chances are it's fucked.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.