[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone know what kind of wheels these are and know how wide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
Does anyone know what kind of wheels these are and know how wide they might be?

I'm trying to get new tires put on, but the place I'm getting them done at don't do stretched tires, so they need an exact measurement. I don't want to buy new wheels, either, since I'm broke, and I love how these guys look.
>>
TE37 clone
That's all I know about them
>>
shitty te37 knock off
how wide are they? nigga how should we know. read the markings on the wheel.

if you cant find them read the markings on the tire.

it will say xxx/xx/Rxx

the first number is width in mm, the second is percentage of the width for sidewall height, last number followed by the R is wheel size.

that tire already looks mildly stretched so the wheel width is probably half an inch smaller than the tire width.
>>
They look like Avid AV01s. They're decent knock offs that I have. A whole set can be had for less than one Te37.

not a v6.
>>
>>15240918
Did you already buy tires? It shouldn't be hard for them to measure the wheels and mount something that fits.
>>
>>15241329
No, not yet. I went in to buy some and the nigga there asked me the width and told me if they're stretched, they wont put them on.
>>
>>15241312
There aren't any markings on the wheel. And the tires are 225/45R17.
>>
>>15240918
looks like rota grids.
like everyone else says, cheap te37 knockoffs
>>
>>15242144
>>15241312
Yeah, I figured they were knock offs. No way the kid who I bought it from dropped $2500 for wheels. Lmao.

But, I found mine online I think and I believe they're 9" wide. Thanks.
>>
File: Volk.jpg (51 KB, 615x820) Image search: [Google]
Volk.jpg
51 KB, 615x820
>>15240918

Hey Op, Yes they might be rota grids, but they actually might be authentic TE-37s, check the wheel hub for stamps, mine look like that but are authentic.

HOW? you may ask. Clone te-37s have dead give aways, such as the spokes line up with the lugs, also the valve stems line up with the opposite spokes, in your case they do not.
HOWEVER, the placement of the VIA and JWL stamps next to the valve stem are not, they should be flip flopped. (mine are at least)

older generation volks have no stamps/ engravings on the lip.

also in your case the spokes bending in torward the lip are not as aggressive as their XXR/avid/rota knockoff. they are smoother.

my wheel hubs stamps are pic related.
>>
File: All_4_volks.jpg (86 KB, 615x820) Image search: [Google]
All_4_volks.jpg
86 KB, 615x820
>>15242396
These are all 4 of mine, go ahead and compare them OP. dont mind them being a little beat up lol.
but once again, YES mine are real deal te-37s
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.