[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Clear Coat Peeling Fix?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: DSCN6072.jpg (104 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DSCN6072.jpg
104 KB, 1024x768
I currently daily a 96 Saturn SL2, basic crap car but gets good gas mileage. The exterior door frame above the passenger and driver side windows has various patches of clear coat peeling off. Tried spraying Rustoleum clear coat on it, and it worked for a bit, but eventually it peeled again and came back. Maybe I didn't sand enough or whatever, but is there anyway to fix this without have to take those body panels off and repaint?
Pic related, it looks exactly like that
>>
There is no way to fix this but sand it off and repaint the car.
Source: I paint cars
>>
I can't remove the remaining peeling coat and reapply a new coat?
>>
>>15240079
There's no way to remove the clear without fucking up the base coat.
>>
>>15240020
Yeah you do a shit job doing it
>>
>>15240225
???
I'm doing show car level paint jobs
>>
>>15240232
You don't even understand the principle behind buffing how are you doing show level paint jobs chump
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3024x4032
>>15240243
Because I know how to do body work and I know how to paint, unlike you apparently
>>
>>15240274
Nice orange peel around the opening, how the fuck is that show level you hack
>>
>>15240288
There's no orange peel, would you like another picture with my SLR instead of the iphone?
>>
>>15240274
>Because I know how to do body work and I know how to paint, unlike you apparently

The problem is that both of you are using different "dictionaries" with regards to bodywork paint jobs. The anon that criticized Mrcummy doesn't regard abrasive thinning of the base paint layer as being bad whereas Mrcummy does.

Hence their disagreement as to what "fucking up the base coat" is.
>>
>>15241029
That was some philosophical shit.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.