[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm buying a new car, is pic related normal? Car is a 2010
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
I'm buying a new car, is pic related normal?
Car is a 2010 CRZ btw
apparently it's been sitting for a few months, the rest of the car is in great condition though, I didn't see any other relevant rust
>>
>>15239766
Yep, no worries. Rotors rust very quickly. It's just surface rust. I wouldn't think twice about it
>>
>>15239786
If you're worried, ride the brakes for maybe a block or two and they'll clean right up
>>
>>15239786
Unless the rust caused pitting, then they wont ever really clean up and every time you hit the brakes it will rumble and vibrate and make noise.
>>
>>15239766

rotors will rust even after an overnight rainstorm, few good stops and it will go off right away. when a car sits for years and you get a huge layer of rust with chunks wearing off, they need replacing
>>
thanks for the replies, I don't think it's too deep
I'm just nervous cause it'll be my first car
it's got 60k miles and i'm getting it for 7k dollars (I live in switzerland)
>>
>>15239766
The other day it rained hard gets in Cali, I didn't use my car for 2 days. I noticed the same thing to my car, i just drove off loll. Don't worry about it it's normal if you drive a vehicle.
>>15239964
It better be the 6 speed, that's honestly a good price. Post pics of possible I'm curious
>>
File: yNlQWRM.jpg (10 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
yNlQWRM.jpg
10 KB, 480x270
>>15239766
>crz
>>
File: IMG_20160402_174944670.jpg (567 KB, 1575x886) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160402_174944670.jpg
567 KB, 1575x886
>>15239869
> when a car sits for years and you get a huge layer of rust with chunks wearing off, they need replacing
I drove 50 miles on these, only replaced the pads. It sounded exactly as you'd expect

>>15239766
>>15239964
Those look like like they should still be okay. But even if they're not, it's not a big deal to replace the rotors.
>>
>>15241912
Oh lawdy them rotas need jeezus
>>
>>15239766
Get a twingo.
>>
>>15239766
Rotors will rust while you are drying you car off after washing it. Totally normal
>>
>>15241979
They were so rusted they broke the puller in that picture. A torch eventually worked though, but then they still didn't come off. I'll probably have to cut it or something when I get back to the car.
>>
>>15241891
>it's bad because some idiot on the internet told me so
>>
>>15241673
It's the dark gray one, 6 speed for sure (i'm a stick guy)
also it has the parking sensor, bluetooth and 4 seats
I think it's a great deal

>>15241992
I could get a Twingo Renaultsport with the 133hp engine but I tried both and the honda touched my heart desu lad
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.