[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /o/ i was looking for some advice, i got my first car about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: p4220112.jpg (618 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
p4220112.jpg
618 KB, 2048x1536
Hello /o/
i was looking for some advice, i got my first car about 6 months ago.
are there any tips or tricks i could do to make my car last longer/run better
i drive a 1994 Honda accord EX but the engine is a 1995 VTec i'm not a car enthusiast whats so ever i'd just like something that can make it from point A to point B
>Not sure if aloud to make this thread
>pic related
>>
>>15237787
>are there any tips or tricks i could do to make my car last longer/run better
regular maintenance/servicing (done yourself obviously)

Your car does look pretty clean and well-kept though, the exterior anyway
>>
(OP) Also not my car but exactly like it, same color and everything
>>
Just service it regularly and fix problems when they arise.

Really just changing the oil and oil filter regularly is enough to keep it running almost indefinitely.
>>
>>15237795
anything i should look out for particularly under the hood?
>>
>>15237804
thanks i appreciate it
>>
>>15237808
check your oil regularly, make sure other fluids are topped off. If you find that you have to regularly top something off, like the brake fluid, that means there is a leak somewhere.
>>
>>15237808
pests
seriously, they love to bite hoses
>>
>>15237787
thanks any other car care tips? wheels n such?
>>
>>15237835
one not mentioned above. give the car a few minutes to get the engine to proper running temp, a little longer in colder weather.

if you start and go in winter you will fuck your engine, at least your head gasket.
>>
>>15237869
i see i read that to always completely stop while your in reverse before putting it into drive
>>
>>15237787
Ahh ha that was my first car, the vtec in that car is the f22b1 (their only sohc vtec) its very durable and dependable, just dont be hard on the trans and keep up with the valve adjustments.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.