[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for a cheap, reliable and fuel efficient commuter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
I'm looking for a cheap, reliable and fuel efficient commuter car. Is the prius a good option?
>>
Geo Metro
cheaper, more reliable, more fuel efficient than the prius, and 10 years earlier, so cheaper. If I haven't mentioned, it's pretty cheap.
/thread
>>
File: Man_yelling.jpg (9 KB, 350x268) Image search: [Google]
Man_yelling.jpg
9 KB, 350x268
>>15235641

GET A HONDA FAGGOT. i am so sick of people asking HUR DUR WAT KIND OF CAR SHOULD I GET FOR X REASON
>>
c-max or jetta
>>
>>15235641
Do you have a car already?
>>
>>15235641
If you want to fit 4 people comfortably, then its the best option. If you are on your own, go for a compact car.
>>
Get a fiesta 1.0 you fucking fag.

(Make sure to put a blow off valve on it for top lelz.)
>>
>>15235641
I would estimate that "traditional" hybrids are not ideal vehicles for most of the consumers who buy them. That is, the fuel savings do not cover the extra expense incurred by the hybrid car over the duration that it is owned.

There are certain use cases for which they are really great, like cab/uber duty, parking enforcement, and other sorts of grueling, low speed, stop-and-go shit. For most commuters, though, the trips are either too short (not saving enough fuel/money to make sense) or are mainly highway driving (where the hybrid's economy advantage is diminshed significantly).

If your commute is short, try to find a plug-in hybrid instead of a traditional one. if you're lucky you won't even have to put gas in the thing for commuting. Or go completely electric if that's workable for you.

If your commute is longer, look for the aformentioned Geo Metro, or an old civic, or a pre-dieselgate Volkswagen TDI.
>>
Honestly OP if you want to be talked out of buying a prius nothing we say will really influence you. Dispite what rabid Jeremy Clarkson fans will tell you the prius is actually a decent economy car. If you want a prius just buy one.
>>
>>15236374
>Dispite what rabid Jeremy Clarkson fans will tell you the prius is actually a decent economy car.
But also a massive faggot car.

But OP is already a fag so it's perfect for him.
>>
>>15235912
Unless you specifically want RWD for some reason , there's no reason not to get Honda (even then there's still NSX and s2k)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.