[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously considering buying a used NA 300zx with a ton of work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Seriously considering buying a used NA 300zx with a ton of work done to it. This pic is the exact car that i'm considering getting off of craigslist.

Any personal experience working on or driving one of these /o/? What do you think?
Are they reliable? Hard to work on? maintain? How easy could you find parts?
Guy if asking 3000, has a few minor cosmetic problems.
>>
>>15235571
do not

no

just don't
>>
>>15235571
it's like wanting a FD man, dont get it unless you got the money. or if you're made of money

besides their engine bays are fucking cramped like a kowloon tenement
>>
File: IMG_20160419_211235.jpg (177 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160419_211235.jpg
177 KB, 1080x1080
>>15235571
>>
>na
TT or die op
>>
>>15237794
>two turbos
>still makes under 300hp
what the fuck
i still don't understand why people buy the worst gen z
i understand the love for older carburetted zs or new efficient ones but this one is the dark ages of z's history
>>
unless the "ton of work" they did was swapping in an easier engine to work on and making more power then no.
>>
>>15237805
Is this bait?

The TT does 0-60 in low 5s, that was fast as hell in the early 90s
>>
>>15237805
It looks dank as fuck, better than the Z31
>>
>>15237805
What? Until the 370Z, the Z32 300ZX was the fastest Z available. And if you do not know why the car had 276 horsepower then you need to do some reading on Japanese insurance law as it will explain everything to you. All readily available Jap sports cars from the 90s were limited to 276 HP for insurance and tax reasons but most were easily tunable by the owner. Heck, the R33/R34, FD, and Supra were all rated at 276 in their turbo trims and with just upping boost and remapping fuel you can get 400 out of an RB no sweat.
>>
>>15237834
I've heard some of them were just reported as 276hp but infact put out at least twice of that with no tinkering done, like straight from the factory.
Speed was limited to 180kph though, I think.
>>
>>15237805
>the worst gen z
but that isn't the Z31
>>
>>15237805
>>two turbos
>>still makes under 300hp
Read up on the Gentlemen's Agreement. Those cars were capable of making far, far more than they rolled off the lot with.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.