[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AW11 or SW20 for first car? I don't really care about practicality,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Streetlight1.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Streetlight1.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
AW11 or SW20 for first car? I don't really care about practicality, all I really need to carry is my bag to classes.
As far as I can tell, these are the pros and cons that I've thought of between the two cars.

AW11
Pros:
>Lighter
>Looks nicer
>4A-GE
>Cheaper
Cons:
>Slower
>Older, so might need more work

SW20:
Pros:
>Also looks really nice
>Two trunks
>Faster in N/A form
>Ability to swap a turbo motor into a N/A one for not that much
>Newer, so less possibility of work needed
Cons:
>Heavier
>More expensive
>5S-FE in USDM N/A models

Which would you pick /o/? I don't care about practicality or snap oversteer.
>>
Pros: You're going to snap-oversteer yourself to death

Cons: You're going to crash an MR2 in the process
>>
>MR2

>first car

first track car?
>bags to classes

buy a civic
>>
>>15233294
epic meme dude

sw20 turbo > aw11 supercharged > sw20 n/a > aw11 n/a
>>
>>15233300
>snap-oversteer is a meme
wat
>>
>>15233300
>MR
>snap over

>meme

kek

i've watched these cars let go when any other RWD car would not. and they don't do it progressively or predictably. its violent. hence the "SNAP"

it's like driving a poorly setup FWD with all of the disadvantages of a mid-engine car.
>>
>>15233298
That's not all id be using it for you dumb nigger. I just meant that I don't need to carry anything big or need the most practical car.
Also this is not my first car ive driven, just the first one I'd pay for.
>>
>>15233305
the suspension issues are well documented and easy to fix. most of the problem goes away when you have good modern tires
>>
snap oversteer, like apex seals, has become a meme because it's parroted by people who don't understand the problem, what causes it, and how to avoid it.

they simply say the car is fucked and nothing else because that's all they've ever heard by other people parroting the same thing.

Get good tires, get a proper alignment done by someone who knows what they're doing.
If it's still not good enough, suspension geometry kits remove almost all of the toe-change / bump-steer on rebound.
>>
>>15233303
snap oversteer is a meme like understeer
It only happens to dumbasses like you
>>
>>15233332
sure, don't listen to us

enjoy your fiery death. don't drive in the rain
>>
>>15233391
Except it's not, short wheel base +Mr engine means it's gets squirrelly. Look at real Mr cars, they have a nice long wheel base so lift off over steer isn't an issue
>>
>>15233332
Still need to learn how to drive rear engine or you will crash off of a mountain
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (146 KB, 1542x652) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
146 KB, 1542x652
Get a MR-S with a 2zz swap.
>>
>>15233416
>people really beleive this
>>
>>15233416
lotus elise has a shorter wheelbase than a fucking AW11
>>
>>15233403
Why would he listen to some shit cunt that has no clue what he's talking about? Get it OP, fuck these cunts
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.