[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Forbidden Desires
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
Am I wrong to want a Lexus SC430? They seem kind of feminine, but for some reason I can't stop wanting one.
>>
File: lexus-sc430-pebble-beach-05.jpg (129 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
lexus-sc430-pebble-beach-05.jpg
129 KB, 1024x768
Get the pebble beach edition
>>
I do like the pearl white/red leather combo there.

IDK, to me the SC kind of says female realtor car...

But that retractable hardtop, mmmmmm.
>>
>>15230822

The Z40 gets a lot of disdain and for legit reasons.

It does a few things alright, though. It is a probably the cheapest most reliable luxury hardtop convertible with a V8 that you can buy.
>>
>>15231032
Disdain...for what reason?
I'm somewhat split between the SC and the Mercedes SL500, I'm just afraid that the SL is going to kill me on maintenance.
>>
And the SC has (tiny) rear seats...which would come in handy whereas the SL doesn't.
>>
File: FDRoadAtlanta2012_734.jpg (131 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
FDRoadAtlanta2012_734.jpg
131 KB, 1024x683
Nothing wrong
>>
>>15231059
>Disdain...for what reason?

Several. Top Gear memes aside, it's mostly because it was seen as a step backward from the Z30 and not many redeeming features compared to the competition.

- Its 3UZ engine is actually less powerful the 1UZ of the Z30 it replaced.
- The 3UZ was the only engine option available and it only came in automatic.
- At 3800+lbs, it was heavy (200lbs more than the Z30)
- It was in production for nearly a decade and the only significant upgrade it got was 6spd automatic.
- Lexus claimed the design team was sent to the French Riviera to "study" and then they came up with one of the most bland and generic designs for a sport convertible ever.
- Towards the end of production the car was getting slaughtered in sales by the Mercedes SL but Toyota still kept making them despite the fact.
>>
>>15230822
I like the SC 430 too, but like all small convertibles if you see a guy driving it you think "male hairdresser".

In my town you usually see divorced trophy wives driving them.
>>
>>15231059
SL500 is better in literally every way
>>
>>15230822
>Lexus SC430?
>timing belt
>interference engine
Let some other retard fuss with it.
>>
I'll take it under advisement. Maybe I'll just test drive a dealer one for an afternoon and get it out of my system.

It's just that they're so much cheaper than the SL500.
>>
File: IMG_2951.jpg (40 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2951.jpg
40 KB, 800x600
>they seem kind of feminine
Who cares? Just get one if you want it. God damn.
>>
>>15232688

But I need to conform to established masculine gender roles or I'll be seen as weak and inconsequential.
>>
It doesn't help that the car looks like a nice, smooth, gigantic tampon.
>>
>>15233033
kek at your self esteem

I drive a faggot ass honda del sol AUTO and I only give 0.647 fucks.

The reason why I give that many fucks is because it's slower than the growth of my nutsack hair. If it was at least 50 hp faster + a manual trans, I would give 0 fucks.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.