[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a good all arounder boat that is older but still has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 800x617) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 800x617
What is a good all arounder boat that is older but still has good reliability.

I want something older (cool factor points)

I want something that can do most everything (fishing, water skiing, flying across the water fast)

I want something reliable (or how much is a new marine v8 swap these days)

What do you think
>>
>>15229479
Break
Out
Another
Thousand
>>
>>>/n/

I think you'll find better results there.
>>
>>15229479
MkII Patrol Boat River

Refit with two LS1's, it'd only take a weekend.
>>
>>15229498
What is n. I tried b but there's no boat discussion there.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 500x549) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 500x549
>>15229479
>V8 swap
Doesn't an inboard engine normally mean fuckhueg repair bills when something finally goes wrong? And I mean bigger than normal, boat reparis get expensive.

I would say just get a pontoon boat. Those are the easiest boats to do anything on. But I don't think that is what you are looking for.
>>
>>15229504

>LS swapping a boat

Kek
>>
20-30 foot open deck with whatever the largest outboard(s) you can fit on the back.
>>
>>15229506

/n/ is transportation, just make a new thread.
>>
>>15229511
Sbcs are very popular choices for boats
>>
>>15229520
Don't want to. You guys can figure it out for me.
>>
>>15229535
kek
>>
>>15229511

LS swaps are quickly replacing BBCs in the aftermarket. Similar or better power and much lighter.
>>
File: teamblog2.jpg (3 MB, 4272x2848) Image search: [Google]
teamblog2.jpg
3 MB, 4272x2848
>>15229479
Get an older inboard/outboard (engine sits in the hull, and there is an outdrive that pivots on the transom) with a v-hull and a V6 motor. It will be a good all-around boat for everything but wakesurfing (due to the outdrive). It won't have the greatest of wakes for wakeboarding, nor will it have as open a cabin like that of an outboard boat, but I think the price alone will make it more appealing.

An i/o boat will ride great, handle well, and do anything you wish it to do, but it will not be the best of anything. Many people buy this boat for a reason, as it allows them to fish, ski, and cruise around at a higher speed (most can hit 50-60 mph) in comfort, and will cost about $10k for one with low hours that is in good repair.

Personally, I like wakeboard boats, but I don't need to sanic around or fish. Pic related.
>>
>>15229492
Nah, with inflation, it is break out another fifteen-hundred.
>>
>>15229510
Outboards cost more to buy and repair.

Inboards may be a pain in the ass to get to, but they are generally easier to work on, as most are small block v8s or v6s that are found in cars, but with modified exhaust and cooling systems.
>>
>>15229492
A hole in the water you pour money into.
>>
File: 1453648247788.png (40 KB, 233x81) Image search: [Google]
1453648247788.png
40 KB, 233x81
>>15229479
Is that a Supra?
>>
>>15229479
Get one of them v8 two stroke boat engines. I'm sure they break down all the time but the sound is incredible!
>>
>>15229479
How long/big?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.