[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's say you have $50 million American dollarydoos to build
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (274 KB, 750x1087) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
274 KB, 750x1087
Let's say you have $50 million American dollarydoos to build a racetrack, including getting the land and everything required for it to be suitable for professional racing.

How big of a track can you build?
>>
I'd rather do some 1% magic to turn my money into more money so I could buy a huge plot of land and build a bunch of wangan interstate shit as well as a bunch of initial D mountian pass shit.
>>
easy, approximately 25 miles of track $50 million will net

source:engineer
>>
STOP MAKING THESE THREADS
the answer is no
>>
>>15229222
Buy an old airport
>>
>>15229249
Your answer doesn't make sense.

Everybody but you are being very helpful.
>>
Only need a quarter mile straight and shutdown area for real racing
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 460x288
>>15229269
I need more than a drag racing circuit you infantile pillock, but of course I would build one next to the track.
>>
>>15229241
>25 miles
Time for American Burgerring
>>
>>15229222

It's about $1 million per mile of paved track surface if minimal dirt/preparation work is required.
>>
File: 1384967707317.png (1 MB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
1384967707317.png
1 MB, 1162x850
>>15229288
>American Burgerring
>25 mile oval
Imagine.
>>
>>15229288

pretty sure someone was building one in the desert of nevada or something until the financial collapse.
>>
I will build a 1.5 mile intermediatelly banked tri oval with a road course configuration, kart track, drag strip and half mile dirt oval.
>>
http://www.midwestind.com/blog/cost-of-building-road/

Ive thought about this too. Unfortunately, with 50 mil probably not much lol. Depending on how wide you make it, the location, and the terrain youre building over, you probably won't get much of a decent track. You would have to prepare the land for the road beforehand, obviously, which will also cost money. And these prices are for standard roads, building roads suitable for track use might require even deeper pouring of the road, or different tarmac material capable of withstanding heavier, more frequent beating, both of which will drive cost per mile up even more. Plus maintenance and upkeep, and building the run off areas around your track. To make a burgerring you might be looking at well over 200 million.

Oh yeah, and getting noise permits will also be expensive. Depending on the area you may not be able to go past a certain decibel level at all even with permits, which is shitty because people with track-only cars will typically pay more to use a track then people like us who want to let our miatas crawl around. There are tons of things to take into consideration, we havent even brushed on taxes/insurance
>>
>>15229385
Ooooo the NASCAR
>>
>>15229473
Yeah I was about to say. 50mil is absolutely nothing.
>source: refinishing an 1/8th mile shutdown area of our local track was 400k and it was a buddy deal with near zero work required. Just ground down the top gravel and laid a new one on top.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.