[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /o/ just had a quick question. I have a 2002 Jetta with the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: shit.gif (1006 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
shit.gif
1006 KB, 260x187
Hey /o/ just had a quick question. I have a 2002 Jetta with the 150hp 1.8t and it's about as fast as a fucking glacier. I was thinking about getting a turboback exhaust kit, cold air intake, and an ECU upgrade because I could get it all for like $1000 and then I might be able to keep up a 98 civic firing on 1 cylinder.

I'm wondering what your best guess is for how much HP I'll gain from those 3 mods on an otherwise stock engine and how much I'll be able to cut my 0-60 down for the current 3.2 minutes it takes for me to get to highway speed.

>Inb4 just buy a faster car
No I like everything about my Jetta besides the power. Also, should I replace some suspension bits while I'm at it?

Pic related, mfw I lose a race to a stock crown vic.
>>
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NO
NONNONONONOOOOOOOOO

SELL IT AND BUY A FASTER CAR

you will never see any measurable gains unless you spend like 7k

buy a faster car otherwise you will cuck yourself
>>
>>15229206
But the Jetta is my favorite. I just wanna bump it past 200hp, surely it can't be that hard to get another 50 out of this sack of shit.
>>
I'd also like to point out in my self bump that the 03 has 180hp stock. So 200 really can't be that much of a stretch
>>
>>15229194
How about serious weight reduction? Its free
>>
you will hit 200hp and more for sure
but will lose it's reliability
>>
>>15229358
I was worried about that. Maybe just the ecu upgrade then?
>>
>>15229322
What should I remove first?
My heated leather seats or my brand new speakers/sub?
I'm not ripping the door panels and shit out of my DD mang.
>>
>>15229381
VW forums might be a better place to look than /o/, most people here don't like VW all that much.
I know the 1.8T has a lot of potential though.
>>
File: huffpoparkinglot.jpg (77 KB, 520x346) Image search: [Google]
huffpoparkinglot.jpg
77 KB, 520x346
>>15229388
Thanks that probably a much better idea. I just like you guys.
>>
>>15229216

save up and get a better jetta then
>>
>>15229396
It's such a low miler though. Under 100,000 in perfect shape inside and out.

I may as well just spend 2k on a meme-ata

I don't want to make it into a racecar just make it a bit more substantial and fun to drive.
>>
>>15229381
just straight pipe off the turbo, fashion a fat ass intake, get that thing dumping fuel and increase boost. dont be surprised then the engine grenades cause it's fourteen years old and you're asking too much of it.
>>
File: 1463109874078.jpg (855 KB, 2786x1795) Image search: [Google]
1463109874078.jpg
855 KB, 2786x1795
>>15229404

it seems like you're set on modifying it, but my advice is to go test drive some cars first to see what options are open to you.
>>
OK so you are in the same position i was. You love your vehicle but it cursed to be slow. Theres no reliable and sane high performance aftermarket.
What do? Engine swap, no2 or boost it
>>
>>15229426
Eh, the 1.8T is pretty popular so there's plenty of mods and documentation out there.
>>
>>15229194
With a turbo back, intake and 93 octane tune with a new rail and injectors your looking at 50hp at most. If you bolt on a bigger turbo or turn up the boost your looking at amother 20. Best thing you can do here is a vr6 swap and call it a day.

Just my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth.
>>
>>15229458
You and the other guy suggesting the swap are probably right. After the advice I've gotten from this thread I'll probably just leave the VW as my slow daily driver because I love it, and buy some cheap piece of shit like a miata to rice up.
>>
>>15229525
Miata is a good way to go. 92 is the lightest one, put the engine from the 98 into it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.