[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Used Car Buying Tips: Dealer Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: ye_olde_botmon.jpg (128 KB, 656x476) Image search: [Google]
ye_olde_botmon.jpg
128 KB, 656x476
Hey guys want to buy a used car from a dealership (gonna finance) and would like some tips on negotiating down those ludicrous prices I see. Any tips or tricks on whittling down the price?

A few I've seen is calling at the end of the month, after bad weather, and etc. These apparently motivate salesmen to make sales that wouldn't make sense during a good period but do when times are slow.
>>
>>15226880
What cars? How much are you spending? How's your credit? How much do you make a month? How much down?
>>
>>15226956

All pretty much irrelevant when it comes this thread but I'll bite. Looking for general tips for helping talk down those used car dealer prices.

Looking for 2011+ Sedans, I.E. Camry, I want to spend around 10-12k. Credit sucks. Make about 2000 a month, and all I have is a trade in worth 6.5k Private Party.
>>
I imagine you could call them out on any defects or damage visible if it's a used vehicle and haggle them down
>>
>>15227294

All of the vehicles I'm looking at according to KBB/NADA/TMV are either at or slightly lower than Retail Value but obviously Private Party is much lower. I doubt that most dealers even pay for PP value. Looking for ways to negotiate down to or below PP. Ideally 10-15% off Trade-In. Hard to justify negoiating arguments when it's basically a good car just overpriced.
>>
LPG should be around to give you tips
>>
>>15226880
Go to your fucking bank
Get financing
Buy used private party

Or keep your current shit box and stop being poor.
>>
>>15227188
Boring shit sells. If you won't pay 12k, some dumbass tomorrow will. There's not much room to negotiate.

Whats wrong with your current car?
>>
>>15228318

Too tall for it. Not as comfortable as I want.
>>
Bamp
>>
>>15226880
>>15227188

You faggots are insufferable. Everyone has all the information available instantly these days. Unless it's Uncle Jimbo's barn lot in East Bumfuck, Mississippi, the used cars are priced to sell. You can haggle them down a little bit if the car has been in their inventory a long time or if you catch them at the right time (which may or may not be the end of the month for different reasons) but there isn't really any incentive for them to move much off the market price. If you think a car is priced above the market, use that evidence to convince the dealership to sell it for less. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>15230598
This.
>>15227331
>>15227188
You're a broke faggot (2k/mo) with bad credit. You should be worried about a bank actually picking you up for financing without a crazy high interest rate, if at all.
Poor people like you feel like they shouldn't pay what something is worth for no reason, and are probably just scared that someone might make a little bit of money off you. Who cares? And why would someone sell you something below market value. Makes no sense.
>>
>>15227188
If you make 2000 a month then save for 6 months and buy a car off CL. Don't be one of those dipshits that has bad credit, thinks they have to finance to afford a new car, and gets stuck with a 22% APR.
If your credit is bad then pay your fucking bills on time instead of worrying about a new car.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.