[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Forget to turn on my radiator fan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1452998166736.png (401 KB, 638x478) Image search: [Google]
1452998166736.png
401 KB, 638x478
I drove my shitbox 9 kilometers for 15 minutes without realizing that I forgot to turn on my radiator fan.

I always shifted at 3k and never beat on my engine within those 15ish minutes.

How badly did I fuck my shit up?
I didn't notice my temp gauge, I only found out when I opened my hood to rip out my distributor plug as a ghetto anti theft device and noticed that the engine was hotter than usual.
>>
why would you turn on your fan while your moving?
>>
>>15224987

The previous owner installed a manual fan and I forgot to turn it on.
>>
what was the temp gauge reading?

if you kept moving shouldn't have gotten terrible if the engine didn't shit itself already
>>
>>15225001

I dunno man, but when I turned on the car to check the temp needle after realizing my fuck up 5 minutes later, it was in the middle.
>>
>>15225009
well your gaskets will let you know if they're fucked soon enough.

Wire the fans to turn on always when key is all the way on
>>
>>15225018

How so? leak?
>>
File: 1451057709580.jpg (110 KB, 759x508) Image search: [Google]
1451057709580.jpg
110 KB, 759x508
>>15224979
it's probably fine, I once drove my high school shitbox home almost 3 miles with no serpentine belt. Boy did that fucker heat up quick though
>>
>>15224979
You don't really need a fan unless you're sitting in traffic for ages, I drove my car with no radiator fan for like 2 years and never overheated.
>>
>>15224979
pretty sure most radiators passively cool while you're moving

if you're talking about stop and go traffic that's another story

my car doesn't move enough air to properly cool its radiator at a stand, it has a 2nd fan that only turns on when AC is on which solves that problem so I do know your pain
>>
>>15225009
well it takes hours for the engine to cool down so it could not have been that hot
>>
>>15224979
the fan is only for when the veichle stands still
>>
>>15224997
>manual fan
dis the ultimate shit box
>>
>>15225094

No, it's a racecar.
>>
>>15225078
This. I had my fan motor burn out on me once while working a delivery job. It was cold out, so I just let it sit and cool off for 20 minutes, then continued driving the rest of the night, taking care to not use a lot of gas but maintain a high average speed so the radiator got lots of airflow. If you have an automatic electric fan, it usually doesn't even turn on unless the car is standing still.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.