[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it okay to pass on the right in California on 6+ lane freeways?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Is it okay to pass on the right in California on 6+ lane freeways? I try to stick with passing on the left only, and only using the left most lane for passing, but it seems that rule is ignored here most of the time.

And 4 lane highways going through the suburbs are usually treated as just another street.

So what's the deal here?
>>
>>15224847
I pass people all the time on the right on the 280 and 101. No choice if they are going slow in the left lane. If the left lane is open I will of course pass there, though.
>>
>>15224847
Are you kidding?
California freeways are a free-for-all of insanity. Do whatever you like.
>>
>>15224847
I usually pass on the shoulder, it's safer for everyone that way.
>>
>>15224855
Basically this, the amount of illegals and women playing on their phones makes me loose my shit tbqh.
>>
>>15224847
People here are retarded faggots that sit in the left lane with traffic stacking up behind them doing 50 on 65, so do what you have to to get past them. Speed doesn't kill, proximity to shit ass drivers kills
>>
>>15224847
If you pass on the right then whoever's on the left shouldn't be in their lane.
>>
>>15224872
Joking aside, is passing on the shoulder the reason why "passing on the right" is looked down upon so much in other states? I don't see what the big deal is about being passed on the lane to the right of me. It's just as easy for me to see drivers coming up on my right as it is on my left, but if someone came up on the shoulder, I'd be upset.
>>
>>15224847
Yeah, it's acceptable, especially as depending on the area the left lane may be reserved not for passing but carpool and through traffic. The city I am in for all highways through it has signs at the city limits telling people who are just passing through to stick to the left lane... and it's only two lanes each way. If you want to get around them, hop to the right.
>>
>>15224926
No, passing on the right is more likely to take the passee by surprise. And there are still a lot of people who try to pass on the left and stay right if slow… mostly regular commuters. But it doesn’t take many other people to ruin the flow of traffic, and outside of commute hours it’s total chaos.

But in CA it IS legal to pass on the right, and you often have to. Stay off the shoulders though.
>>
>>15224847
one of your asshole chp officers passed me on the right on i-40 east of barstow when i was already going ten over the limit so yeah go ahead
>>
File: volvochp.jpg (53 KB, 500x297) Image search: [Google]
volvochp.jpg
53 KB, 500x297
>>15227193
>using left lane to speed
>didn't get pulled over
>still calls CHiP an asshole
he should have pulled you over b/c you're a bitch
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.