[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How expensive is it or difficult is it to install an AWD system
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: imakethebadmovie.png (3 MB, 7968x3704) Image search: [Google]
imakethebadmovie.png
3 MB, 7968x3704
How expensive is it or difficult is it to install an AWD system on your car if the company already created a trim where that car had AWD?
>>
Fuck you i don't do what you tell me
>>
>>15220724
Not terribly hard. Check the 3000gt awd conversions, they're well documented and should give you an idea of where to start, most were just brainstormed into existence by the forum guys.
>>
>>15220870
So, however much you need to get a donor car and get possibly bolts machined. Sub 2k at most
>>
>>15220724
Depends on the complexity. If it's all mechanical, simple. If it's computer controlled you might need a new ecu and wiring harness. Plus all the awd components.
>>
>>15220886
i just want AWD 4WS and LGBTQA+ rights
>>
>>15220870
There's a lot of cutting and welding involved m8. You gotta swap out the whole rear
>>
>>15221143
Damn
>>
>>15220980
Die in a fire.
>>
>>15220724
Adding to OP's question: how hard would it be to install an AWd system into a FWD Subaru? AWD wagons are expensive as fuck here, whereas FWD ones are cheap as fuck.
>>
>>15221801
There is no way it would be cheaper to do a swap than it would be to just buy one that's already 4wd.
>>
>>15221801
Depends on if they use the same floor pan as the AWD models or not.

I know B4 Audi 80s are easy to convert from FWD to AWD, but B3 80s, Coupes and C4 100s are very difficult because they use different floor pans with different mounting points.

Basically just check forums to see if someone's done it before and if yes, how hard it was.
>>
>>15220724
depends on the car. On a lot of those cars, the AWD variants have portions of the floorpan that are completely different.
EG: Mitsubishi Lancer, Volkswagen Golf/Jetta/Beetle
>>
I own a Honda Fit and was reading about people wanting to do an AWD conversion. The Japanese Fit had AWD as an option.

From what little information there was, the answer is: very difficult and expensive.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.