[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How well do you think a 350z would get around during winter with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: example.jpg (1 MB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
example.jpg
1 MB, 2272x1704
How well do you think a 350z would get around during winter with winters tires on it? I want to know how fucked my first winter is going to be.
>>
Let me tell you
>VDC SLIP SLIP ANGLE
>SLIPSLIPSLIPSLIPSLIP
>VDC REV SLIP ALERT
It's a sports car, buy a winter beater.
>>
Yes
Maybe
No

We don't even know where you are, mate... there is a difference between a winter in Illinois and a winter in Alaska
>>
>>15219158

You can afford a 350z but not a beater for the winter? get your prioritys straight man
>>
>>15219242
Not OP but I don't even drive with VDC on for this reason, I can't imagine it in winter
>>
I drove a Lexus is 300 with summer tires this winter. Scary shit like you slide everywhere. You get stuck in a 1/4 in of snow. Don't do it. Get a winter beater. I did a 360 into a gas station and lined up with the pump. So much bullshit.
>>
>>15219158
As long as you have winter tires you'll be fine
>>
>>15219158
>winter
>winter tires

you'll be alright m8, they're called winter tires for a reason.
but shit i just drive shitboxes in the winter with the handbreak permentally on
>>
It'll do like any other car with winter tires on.

If you really somehow got a car that people say it shouldnt be driven in winter, then you probably got a car that shouldnt exist in first place
>>
>>15219158
Put some weight in the back. I put a tote of sand/gravel in my rwd charger and I was fine this winter.

I live in Maine too. We tend to get it worse than most places.
>>
Get good tires and accelerate slower. Also, base 350zs don't have vdc. Next time op, post where you live and exactly what your car is
>>
File: WinterDriving.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
WinterDriving.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>15219158
Nice car. No matter how good the tires and how well it handles, consider the drivers you will be sharing the road with.

Advice: Buy a beater. Unless they all drive like pic related.
>>
keep vdc off and lrn2drive

You can never drift if you cant drive in winter
>>
I've driven through many Colorado winters in low RWD cars with snow tires. The tough part is ground clearance. You'll be fine for traction with good snow tires.
>>
File: 0501141500b.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
0501141500b.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
Location, tires, and driver skill all make a difference. Buy the car, RWD is not as scary as everyone says it is in rain and snow. When it snows just drive carefully to an open parking lot and get used to how the car handles and reacts. Once you feel confident go about your business as usual. In WA winter ain't shit and i can manage on drag radials.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.