[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/o/ What I need to know to buy a used (can't afford a new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 7212380porsche-911-2002-2.jpg (861 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
7212380porsche-911-2002-2.jpg
861 KB, 1600x1200
/o/ What I need to know to buy a used (can't afford a new one) Porsche 911?
>>
I've seen guys like you , they buy the rattiest 911 they can find and think they're King shit
>>
>>15218716
lolIMSbearing

aside from that theyr are top-tier reliable
>>
>>15218734
Oh fuck off, do you even know which engines that affected?

Newtrip trash I swear...
>>
>>15218727
i just want a car i can feel proud of
>>
>>15218734
Basically this
>>15218727
And this. I'd recommend a 987 Cayman over a 996 personally.
>>
>>15218739
if i wanted shit posting i could ask /b/
>>
>>15218739
the ones that OP can afford, since he isn't buying a Mezger engine
>>
It's probably good to know your credit score
>>
>>15218727
Kek I'm sorry you're so sensitive that someone with a used car hurt your feelings. Some people just want a 911 real bad and it's a big deal when they get one.
>>
>>15218716
what you need to know is how to search the catalog >>15201545
>>
>>15219024
Please, a shitty 911 couldn't even keep up with my g37 and he had the hair cut to match. I bet that thing had all sorts of problems. It's a rich man's car with rich man's maintenance. Look at Larry from AMMO, he's a regular guy and says the Porsche needs regular expensive maintenance. I'm saving OP from being embarrassed
>>
What's your budget? Do you know how to wrench? Will it be your only car?

IMS failure affected about 5% of 996s and 986s. They tend to fail around 50k miles, so get one with about 75k miles and you're set.

Find one owned by a PCA member or at least one with service records. Paying a little more for a well-maintained car will save you a fortune down the road.

Save money by doing basic maintenance yourself. Don't spend excess money on modifications.

One more thing: ask around anywhere outside of 4chan for better advice.
>>
>>15218727
Same kind of guys that but an e46 with 300k miles thinking they're awesome because muh superior german memegineering
>>
What the FUCK was Porsche thinking when they did this?
>>
>>15218796
your credit score is how much a Porsche oil change costs
>>
File: image.jpg (619 KB, 2606x1350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
619 KB, 2606x1350
Know that it's wonderful to walk out and see that iconic body style every morning. Do it and come join us in /pog/!
>>
>>15219142
>implying 911 owners give a fuck about keeping up with your ghey37
>sour grapes
absolute kek
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.