[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My friend has a 2008 bmw 328xi that he just bought. When my friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
My friend has a 2008 bmw 328xi that he just bought. When my friend got home, he took his foot of the brake and the car started drifting forward. He turned the car off and on and the car wouldn't go into gear. When in drive or reverse the car would rev but not engage and move forward. Icons showed up on the dash with a triangle with 4x4 inside , a gear with an exclamation point inside. Shifting gears will show them shifting on the screen but the transmission wont engage.

What is going on?
>>
Get it to the dealership and get them to fix it, if not lawyer up.
>>
When my friend got home, he took his foot of the brake and the car started drifting forward.
>This is normal. A car has slight pull when in gear.

He turned the car off and on and the car wouldn't go into gear.
>He didn't turn the car off in PARK. Shift to Park and try again.

When in drive or reverse the car would rev but not engage and move forward.
>Sounds like it's in NEAUTRAL.

Icons showed up on the dash with a triangle with 4x4 inside , a gear with an exclamation point inside. Shifting gears will show them shifting on the screen but the transmission wont engage.
>Time for an oil change
>>
>>15218393
>le supreme gentleman
>>
>>15218417
>prndl
NIGGA WHAT THE FUCK?
How can someone drift with automatic transmission.
Wouldn't that shit just automatically gear up mid drift?
>>
>>15218393
>"friend"
what stupid thing are you not telling us about that your "friend" did
>>
>>15218393
awd system is fucked
>>
>>15218393
Uhh, pretty sure your transmission shit itself. Sorry bro. Tow that shit back to where you bought it.
>>
>>15218393
could be the gear selector sensor. find the cable on the transmission and remove the device it is connected to. test conductivity on all points.
>>
The year of our Lord 2016, and people still buy BMW.

I don't understand how this company outs still around. I have never met a beamer owner that didn't have problems with their car. Had a co worker who got an absolute fucking lemon and NOBODY could fix it, fucking thousands of dollars and no fix, that is so ludicrous to me.
>>
>>15224069
Thats because you hang out with poorfags who buy garbage tier BMWs. You realize le unreliable meme is only in the US right? Expensive parts, yes? Unreliable, far from. Get it straight burger
>>
>>15224085
Shilling BMW this hard, what do you drive? A fucking 96 3-Series?
>>
>>15224106
kek, I have a Z4M and a e36 328i with 175k miles. Shit is bulletproof retard. Just expensive ass parts.
>>
>>15224069
BMW has been the top selling luxury brand in America for the last 10 consecutive years for a reason you tard
>>
broken transmission.
>>
>>15218393
>BMW
garbage
>>
>auto bmw trans
Lol sounds like the transmission is in safe mode your friend is fucked
>>
>>15218393
If thats his car his tow hook is also missing. He bought a straight shitbox, and he got literally the worse version. The RWD 335i is 100x better if youre gonna pay BMW repair costs.
>>
Google e90 automatic transmission reset. It invloves holding the gas down for 1 minute with the car on but not started. Not a guarantee but worth a shot..
>>
>>15218393
rip his wallet
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.