[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Niche Forged Rims
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: stuttgarth70_angle.png (407 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
stuttgarth70_angle.png
407 KB, 650x650
Anyone have any experience with them?

Are their forged rims good quality? They have a few designs i really like and i'm tossing up between getting a pair of these or some volks.

Can't seem to find much apart from the fact lots of people with supercars are using niche rims, so they can't be that bad.
>>
niche has no quality control

thats' why they're cheap as fuck in comparison

also they sponsor everyone and hand out free wheels left and right and that's why it seems supercar guys have them
>>
>>15218268
bullshit source faggot
>>
>>15218268
Are they really that cheap? I haven't even gotten around to comparing pricing.

I'm more concerned with making sure they're good quality, as well as looking nice.
>>
>>15218268
Really? I've had a pair and they're great. No problems at all.
>>
>>15218268
I'm confused. If supercars are getting them for free but still using them, they can't be bad.

If they were that bad, would they not be breaking on said supercars?
>>
bump, no-one else knows anything?
>>
I studied mettalurgy. Casted steel has a mixed grain while forged has a consistant grain structure of particles. In cast the strength is distributed unevenly since the grain structure is not uniform so some parts of the wheel will have certain spots of weakness than others. In forged steel the grain structure of the particles are uniform and strength is expected to be evenly distributed throughout the material, this is ideal for a performance wheel . Casting is a cheap process hence why Rota exists but there are casting processes that help improve the structure of the grain like low pressure casting compared to conventional gravity casting. Low pressure casting forces the molten material into the mold compressing the particles close together which produces a stronger grain structure.

Heat treating methods also exists for improving strength as well, so you can have a dirt cheap pos gravity casted wheel but have it work hardened so the material is hard on the outside for some rigidity but it'll still have crappy internal structure; this wheel will be acceptable(kinda) for the street but highly not recommended for the track. I have a theory that this is what Rota does.

Most cast wheels out on the market are low pressure casted, so you don't have to worry really about shit breaking, just be cautious of cheap aftermarket wheels.
If you want a really good wheel for the track and you care about performance, a forged wheel handle abuse for a long time.
>>
>>15218539
Thanks for the insight.

These wheels are forged rims, but i'm not sure on the specifics.

As in, would they be better, worse or equal to the volk forged rims?
>>
>>15218539
Also a forged 3-piece is not as strong as a forged 1-piece.
Multi-pieced wheels are mostly for aesthetic.
>>
>>15218558
Volks are more performance orientated, so they are expected to be better. But personally for a car I rarely bring to the track I wouldn't cop Volks unless I had the money to blow off.
>>
>>15218621
Would the forged niches be bad though? It's still a high performance car so i need them to be able to handle a bit of abuse.

I just wanna know if they're trash aftermarket wheels, or if they're decent enough but not complete top of the line.

I see the supercars with them, which may be due to looks or promotion, but surely if they were absolute trash they would take them off their car ASAP, right?
>>
>>15218637
Most wheels out there aren't trash, m8. No need to worry since most manufacturers have to meet the needs of being DOT approved which Niche appears to be doing. Do what you want.
>>
>>15218678
Ok good, i just wanted to make sure they were reputable to the extent of not being a shit chink brand.

They are forged rims so they should be worlds above nearly everything apart from volks/bbs too, right?
>>
>>15218251
what car are you going to put the wheels on? Volks dont look good on some cars.
>>
>>15218382
that's the thing, say 1,000 rims made are good.
but that 1% sneaks by and ruins ur day.

quality control is everything.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.