[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
us moose stick together
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: moose.jpg (112 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
moose.jpg
112 KB, 720x960
Volvo thread?
>>
Been considering one as a 3rd vehicle and was curious Why they resale so cheaply?
Most everything I've seen on CL are late 90s to mid 2000s, in good shape and sub 150K miles... less than 2 or 3 grand.

Unusually expensive to repair or something??
>>
File: 2015-Vallåkraträffen-PMcG-10.jpg (691 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
2015-Vallåkraträffen-PMcG-10.jpg
691 KB, 1920x1280
>tfw boxy coupe
>>
File: Feels6.png (440 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
Feels6.png
440 KB, 633x758
>tfw no manual v70r
>>
File: DSCN0493.jpg (444 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0493.jpg
444 KB, 1600x1200
>>15216699 most general repair shops don't want to touch them. they will all need new strut mounts and or rear delta link bushings, intercooler piping connectors, turbo controls and pcv system which requires you to pull the intake manifold. Also motor mounts. they are heavy cars and hard on the suspension bits and mounts/bushings. Most second or third owners don't keep using the reccomended synthetic oil and gum up the motor. If you can't wrench you could easily run up to the purchase price in maintenance. If you can do the work yourself parts are reasonable through fcpeuro and ipd.

I have two now and you can't beat the sound of that I5 turbo at full song. get a turbo or a T5 if you're shopping and avoid the 2000 and up because of 5 speed auto issues and dbw throttle. a v70 T5M is the best of the breed in the us.

here's the $240 parts car I just bought. Some kid thought it was blown up but the turbo seal is just puking into the compressor. might swap the drivetrain into something else after I compression test it.
>>
>>15216791
Appreciate the info Anon, thanks man.
>>
>>15216968
np br/o/

>>15216726
you can get the second gen with a 6 speed and 300hp 2.5. 2006 is the best there, plan on coil overs though the nivomat is expensive to replace and can have problems. Here's a 1st gen with a 6 speed swap.
http://binghamton.craigslist.org/cto/5616622931.html
>>
>>15216716
I passed on a silver 242gt years ago for 2k, I kick myself every time I see one. No replys in a v olvo thread, no thors hammer voltanium memes no tank memes, why are you single threads? fuck this is as bad as /k/ now.
>>
File: Shitbox VS Modern Exotic.jpg (2 MB, 746x5076) Image search: [Google]
Shitbox VS Modern Exotic.jpg
2 MB, 746x5076
>>15217982
we have to keep posting, keep holding on and Valhalla will await.
>>
you left your volvo unplugged
>>
>>15218056
You have it backwards, that's to power the house if I need to.
>Plug in a Volvo kek
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.