[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my crappy f250 went all the way off the scale on temp and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1465156020230.gif (4 MB, 260x127) Image search: [Google]
1465156020230.gif
4 MB, 260x127
So my crappy f250 went all the way off the scale on temp and started not running right and lost a lot of power.

I slowed and went another two miles to a gas station. It seemed fine at the time. But then I was driving it again and it seemed slower.

I figured it was just low on water as I never checked it, so this weekend I went out with it and it was pissin water, so I threw a new radiator cap on it and it redlined again, although not as bad. Eventually found a stuck thermostat.

But it's still slow it seems. It doesn't smoke or sound any different, doesn't smell at all either. so what could have happened?

It's a 5.4l 99
>>
ruined headgaskets warped heads fucked cylinder walls etc.

Motor is probably pooched. Wasn't getting any flow of water through it at all if the thermostat was stuck. Get a junkyard replacement motor or sell the truck, it will be on it's last legs soon.
>>
>>15214729
It had some water flow. It just wasn't enough when hooning it. And if it was headgaskets, wouldn't it smoke?

I've already put 500 miles since initial overheat.
>>
>>15214747
Your truck is fucked. Especially if you did even light hooning with it overheating. >>15214729
This guy is right, sell that truck right the fuck now
>>
>>15214695
Dammit OP I was on the fence about butterfly doors and you pushed me off
>>
>>15214762
I'm planning on selling it anyway, but it doesnt seem fucked.
>>
>>15214695
>"started not running right and lost a lot of power"
>didnt check fluids
>continued to drive it after discovering and refusing to address major issue

the average /o/tist ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>15214774
oh I forgot to add

>was totally obviously fucked and is still acting fucked
>"but it doesn't seem fucked"

Seriously OP kill yourself, you're nowhere near intelligent or responsible enough to own a vehicle. You're going to sit around for the next two days convincing yourself that it's really not an issue because you know SO MUCH BETTER.

lol, idiot.
>>
>>15215182
I hate /o/
>>
Anything I can check?

>>15215170
Well it obviously went into a limited state electronically.

>>15215182
K.
>>
>>15215273
Limited state electronically.... or did it go into a limited state mechanically? Because the Pistons were melting and starting to pull metal away from the cylinder walls? Don't even worry about the heads being cracked or warped, that's the least of that engines problems now
>>
>>15215170
>"started not running right and lost a lot of power"
>didnt check fluids
>continued to drive it after discovering and refusing to address major issue

>WILL NOW MAKE TEMPORARY FIXES
>works great
>single owner
>always checked fluids and maintenance
>never a problem
>SELL TO AN UNFORTUNATE VICTIM
>>
>>15215321
It was electric limited, I've been in the same state before driving.

It's a iron block BTW.

It runs perfectly fine now, just not as fast accelerating as I can remember.
>>
>>15215324
I bought it secondhand and the thermostat did fix it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.