[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /o/, /g/ here. I recently did a couple upgrades for my '05
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 41Irfriwj4L._SX466_.jpg (20 KB, 466x310) Image search: [Google]
41Irfriwj4L._SX466_.jpg
20 KB, 466x310
Hey /o/, /g/ here. I recently did a couple upgrades for my '05 Envoy, and now my cruise control's stopped working. I upgraded the stereo to an android head unit and I changed out a burnt-out tail light with an LED one. I've read about how a missing brake light will cause the ECU to disable cruise control, so I wonder if I pissed it off with my LED bulb. If that's the case, does anyone have any recommended LEDs, or just go back to incandescent?
>>
>>15214463
put the original back in and see if it changes anything
>>
remove your riced out led bulb you fool. u look like a retard with one bright light and none of us want to be blinded.
i highly doubt a burnt out tail light would disable cc. now use your reasoning and deduction, buy the one quid incadescent bulb, and figure it out yourself.
>>
You replaced a tail light with an LED? Why?

I'd understand if it was the reversing light, having done so myself... but a normal tail light is just supposed to be visible, not provide illumination if you get what I mean
>>
>>15214463
/o/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
Fuck off.
>>
>>15214492
It looks just as bright as the other brake lights. I just didn't want to change them out.
It's great fun in my turn light though. I'll go and grab a standard incandescent in a bit.
>>
>>15214515
just looked it up and your pos gm pcm disables cruise if ur third brake light is out. lol. put an on incadesent in there and stop pissing money away on leds without a load resistor or control module. better yet, dont waste ur money period.

now just like /g/ this is not ur personal tech support. fuck off
>>
>>15214538
>>15214511
>There were days when there was no sticky on /g/
Those were good days...
>>
>>15214463
In my USA state, the shops don't sell out of range illegal LED lights, so those have to be purchased online. The reverse white light is required to be within a certain brightness range AND have a max elevation of aim.

Over here, if you want to keep a low profile from the police, you don't have any out of spec running lights or overly bright lights of any kind at night. That's because the police are able to legally use that as an excuse to give a cursory examination of your vehicle UNLIKE for a traffic speeding ticket.

They don't inspect your car for speeding tickets. But they can inspect your car if you have out of spec lights. If you have a gram stashed in the glove compartment, you don't want to be pulled over for a vehicle inspection.
>>
>>15214463
>changed out a burnt-out tail light with an LED one. I've read about how a missing brake light will cause the ECU to disable cruise control,

That's more true nowadays because many cars have their computers sense monitor all the critical lights. In my car, if the light is burned out (draws too little current, overcurrent, open), it will put up the check lights indicator.

Because I have Adaptive Cruise Control and In-Lane Driving where the car computer automatically changes the cruise control speed when cars get too close (or moves the car to be in lane based on lane markings), all my running lights are sense monitored. If they are not working, then the cruise control will be off for safety reasons! I guess the car company doesn't want a giant lawsuit for when other cars hit me while adaptive cruise control is on.
>>
>>15214463
You just need a resistor to add load to the circuit so it can be read properly with the CANBUS

Some LEDs have resistors built in and are marketed as CANBUS friendly
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.