[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought a used Volvo last week, it's about 5 years old.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: upset.jpg (7 KB, 256x196) Image search: [Google]
upset.jpg
7 KB, 256x196
I bought a used Volvo last week, it's about 5 years old. it has the t5 engine.

it says 23 city and 29 hwy (I know, up to)

but I'm getting 14-16 for three tanks now.

before I purchased it, I had an inspection done, and nothing obviously wrong was found.

What should I look for? what could it be? everything is stock.

Volvo c30
>>
Thermostat maybe, if it's popping too soon it'll kill mpg and emissions.

Idk if your state does those though.
>>
sounds like your standard case of "driver is an incompetent retard"

solve by learning how to drive, or with 45 cal aspirin.
>>
oh, also. I don't drive crazy. and my 60k is almost near.
>>
>>15211649
and, it runs fine otherwise. it's really smooth
>>
>>15211643
Last time I bought a used car, it ran rich for the first couple of tanks. I think someone reset the computer and it took a while for the computer to stabilize the fuel/air mixture.
>>
>buying a c30
>>
>>15212436
they are nice
>>
Clean the fuel injectors
>>
replace fuel and air filters, spark plugs and wires/coils.
>>
>>15211643
I was put off an old Focus ST with that same turbo-5 because it's said to be outrageously thirsty- to an extent I think they're just like that, OP.
>>
>>15211643
91 or better dude
>>
>>15213480
source?
>>
Check cat, fuel pump, air filter, and spark plugs
>>
>>15214677
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/ford/used-cars-how-to-buy-a-second-hand-ford-focus-st-2006-2010/
> When CAR ran a long-term ST, we struggled to top 20mpg, way off the claimed combined figure of 30.3mpg. To put that in context, we got similar mpg out of our 6.2-litre Mercedes E63 AMG.
(that's britbong MPG so it'll be a little higher)
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.