[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it be ok to wire on of these up in place of a 10amp fuse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: s-l500.jpg (21 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
21 KB, 500x417
Would it be ok to wire on of these up in place of a 10amp fuse that keeps blowing in my car until I can trace where the fault is? The fuse is for my turn signals if that helps.
>>
Just put a nice thick jumper wire in. Once it starts glowing red hot, that means it's working great and that you can start using your turn signals.
>>
>>15210791
You could replace it with a paperclip, if you don't mind fire.
>>
>>15210791
is it a breaker?

if so yes. lots of race cars use breakers instead of fuses.
>>
You will light your harness ablaze OP. Don't do it.
>>
>>15210942
>>15210947
>>15210979
Doing it right now! Thanks guys, I dont have to use my heater anymore thanks to these solutions!
>>
>>15210950
It's an inline circuit breaker
>>
>>15211065
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Amp-In-Line-Circuit-Breaker-Stereo-Audio-Car-RV-10A-10AMP-Fuse-12V-24V-32V-/281981204602?hash=item41a763b87a:g:qoMAAOSwQjNW9rzL
>>
>>15210791
>Would it be ok to wire on of these up in place of a 10amp fuse that keeps blowing in my car until I can trace where the fault is?

For diagnosis perhaps. But the short problem will get worse and might melt something else. It is also not unknown for cheap breakers to lock on. So make sure it is not a cheap knock off breaker that will only work 10 or so times before it is out. Make sure you get the specs on how many times that breaker can be cycled. Remember that chinese parts specs are usually "false" and need to be derated.
>>
enjoy cooking your blinker fluid you noob fag
>>
What if I wire a normal 10amp fuse into the line in tandem with it just in case it doesn't reliably break at 10 amps? That way if it doesn't break the fuse will to preserve the circuit.
>>
I'd tell you to use hand signals instead but 99% of the other drivers won't have a fucking clue what you're doing.
>>
>>15212206
then we are back at square on, arent we?

that breaker is chinese garbage and not nrtl tested. buy more fuses and find your short
>>
>>15212309
That's what i've been doing when the fuse blows, then replacing it when I get where I'm going. It's not very easy to use hand signals on busy freeways though.
>>
It'll be fine, done it many a times and works great in a pinch.
>>
>>15211907
I've had cheap chinese breakers stop working after a few uses because their cheap construction made them become damaged each time the current tripped them. It was not in auto, but for use in a portable power supply for electronics. You just can't trust chinese suppliers for honesty. At first they may be good because they expect to be tested in the first few months the product is introduced. But later on, they bait and switch you by changing the product without your knowledge to a cheaper manufacturing process in order to increase their profits. They know a few months later, the inspections have stopped.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.