[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think the previous owner fucked up something with the parking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: parkingbrakeshoe.jpg (104 KB, 889x720) Image search: [Google]
parkingbrakeshoe.jpg
104 KB, 889x720
I think the previous owner fucked up something with the parking brake shoe. I can full depress the parking break pedal and nothing happens.

Is pic related something I can do with relative ease or should I just take it to a mechanic?
>>
Depends, but its a very easy fix usually

Has it never worked or? Give us a bit more info
>>
Honestly, all you probably need to do is tighten the cable
>>
>>15207443
It hasn't worked since I got the car. You push down the Pbrake and its pretty loose. Normally its not an issue because i live in the midwest, but now that the weather's nice its something i want to tackle.
its an 03 toyota avalon
>>
>>15207449
And its non-functional on both sides?
>>
>>15207466
As far as I can tell yes. Putting down the parking brake has no effect on the car. I could be driving on the interstate and press it and nothing would happen. It might just be loose, or someone fucked up when they were replacing rotors
>>
>drum parking brake inside of rotor
I hate when companies do this shit. Just spec a caliper that's also the ebrake ffs

Yeah these are easy but a bit frustrating. Make sure you have some good pliers and some patience. Simple system, just a pita to get the springs on. Also, be sure to adjust the star on the bottom at the end to set the parking brake where it needs to be
>>
File: 1429504039611.jpg (3 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
1429504039611.jpg
3 MB, 4128x3096
>>15207486
Well, its not hard to figure it out. Jack the car up, remove a wheel and manually pull on the lever that activates the brake to see if it catches at all

If not then remove the rotor and see if the pads are worn out or whats up
>>
>no experience
>comes to the internet with vague issue
Just take it to a mechanic before you fuck it up
>>
>>15207502
Sounds good, I'll try to get to it this week.
>>
>>15207492
Wat? This is how most parking brakes work.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.