[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which half ton 4x4 is best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Snapchat-6844359290334688647.jpg (875 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6844359290334688647.jpg
875 KB, 1080x1920
>95-05
F150
Chevy 1500
dodge 1500
I know dodge rear ends and trans in the 90's were weak
Unknown for the f150 or chebby1500.
>>
>>15198815
Also GMC 1500 is god tier right?
>>
>>15199005
Gmc is literally rebadged chevy, like that's the peak rebadging era for them that you picked.

Also
>them GM fuel pumps in that era
>that water pump whine

Ford is king for a reason. They're consistently good enough and cheap and fast to fix compared to the others
>>
>>15199182
A rebadged nicer feeling/looking chebby, the only real reason I'd want one is the square body of the 90's. But the F150 always appeals to me, for some reason theres mostly only standards/ short beds.
>>
dodge sucks many dicks on trans and engine, many years for sucking many dicks

chevy and ford have unicorn years, but ford tends to have better year ranges. you have to do the research. either way, ford is the best choice because of how they design their vehicles, many parts are used between many different makes and for many different year ranges. this is totally what you want because ontop of the interchangeable diversity, they also hold probably the largest market share for trucks and SUVs, so there is a much better selection of new or used parts on the market

GM eats shit
>>
>>15199200
They're nice looking trucks and aside from what I pointed out there is nothing wrong with them (and those are fixed with after market pretty easily)

Yea the short bed is pretty annoying but keep looking, my brother recently got a 99 f150 crew cab with extended bed for short money that's pretty sweet
>>
>>15199226
That's good man, I have the option to buy a 92 f250 longbed extended cab but its only 2wd, going to be getting a groundman job soon so I will be traveling from state to state mostly colorado, nevada, idaho and wyoming hence 4x4 and plus some off roading isnt bad.
>>
>>15199218
>dodge engines shit
The 5.2/318 and 5.9/360 chrysler engines are some of the most bulletproof american V8s known

>transmissions shit
The 42RH,46RH,47RH is basically 727 with O/D. The 727 also know as being bulletproof. The ones that shit the bed are the ones they put behind the V10 and 5.9 Cummins engines, but if you get an auto for at truck meant to tow you're asking for it.
>>
>>15199182
Gmc / chevy 1500 are great , ford has better body style but that fucking 5.0 is shit.
>>
>>15199182
New water pump , just did a filter replace was not hard and works great.
>>
>>15199361
>5.0
>Being shit
pick one and only one.
>>
those dodge magnum engines are extremely easy yo fix and those cars are insanely comfortable to drive in plus that torque
>>
>>15199256

>bullet proof meme

the AMC 242 i6 4.0L is the most memed engine
its actually the most reliable american engine ever produced in modern history, and probably the most reliable engine ever. it certainly exceeds anything made by japan

but you can imagine chrysler managed to fuck this up

ontop of the well known shitty head casting on the 95-98-ish 4.0L
they again fucked them up on the post-99 4.0L with the piston sleeves wearing out, probably because of piston length and stroke not agreeing with their shitty mexican-tier casting

avoid chrystler like the fucking plague
>>
>>15199862

people try to downplay the 4.0L issues, but its total bullshit
you cant really abuse the 99+ 4.0L without catastrophic engine failure

this defeats the entire principal of that specific engines design and durability
>>
>>15199880
>>15199862
Both of these straight up.

Anybody I know with one who's even romped on it a bit bitches about the leaking fluids and it running like shit.
>>
>>15199862
The Ford 4.9l I6 300cu is better than that engine I think
>>
>>15199918

are you talking about the vulkan?

i've had my meme-ass so far up in jeeps shit this past week and have totally been ignoring ford, which is retarded because jeep info is total garbage.
the only thing i care about is finding a cheap way to lock open diffs, manually
....fucking garbage pricey chrystler jeep aftermarket
total heaps of shit

anyways, ebay has 4R70W automatic transmission rear drum assembly selling for 35$ shipped
and that transmission is not even bad

you cant beat that fucking price
>>
>>15200063

*ford 4R70W
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.