[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it be wrong to clone a Cobra r? I don't have the money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: Mustang_2000_Cobra_R_58.jpg (53 KB, 800x310) Image search: [Google]
Mustang_2000_Cobra_R_58.jpg
53 KB, 800x310
Would it be wrong to clone a Cobra r?
I don't have the money to buy one right off the bat, but I do know through time I could make a decent clone
>No I won't clone it in a base v6 I'm not THAT autistic
>>
found on road dead :^)
>>
>>15198427
>cloning cars
Don't ever do that, anon. It's like buying a replica Shelby Cobra. Everyone knows it's fake.
>>
>>15198427
here's nothing wrong with it if you do all aesthetic changes last
>>
File: 1231579677456541.jpg (47 KB, 250x216) Image search: [Google]
1231579677456541.jpg
47 KB, 250x216
>>15198427
>clone
so you're gonna buy all the shit from a smashed cobra and put it in a non cobra car? cause thats the only way it will be a clone. Its not a clone if it kinda looks like the real thing, its a clone when it is EXACTLY like the real thing, except with different origins.
>>
>>15198461
your a clone of dog poo
>>
File: inigo-montoya_that-word.jpg (56 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
inigo-montoya_that-word.jpg
56 KB, 400x400
>>15198482
>your
>>
File: Fucked muhstang.jpg (80 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Fucked muhstang.jpg
80 KB, 640x640
>>15198461
That's the idea basically. I smashed my New Edge about a year ago and parted everything out of it but the shell. Everything on the shell is fine. Just kind of curious about how people feel about it.
>>
File: o-POOP-EMOJI-.jpg (131 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-POOP-EMOJI-.jpg
131 KB, 2000x1000
>>15198494
>>
>>15198461
>pedantics
He wants to make a mustang that looks just like a cobra r, fucc boi. He didn't say any details about making it a half ass clone or a full blown replica, so why did you sperg out? So if he makes a clone with aftermarket parts, what shall we call it?
>>
>>15198503
How the hell did you manage to do that?
>>
>>15199036
Speed limit is 55 I came over a hill and a curve and traffic was lined up all the way right over the peak of the hill where I couldn't see.
Also Baby's first brake job didn't pump the brakes before leaving. Downshifting to 2nd really quick didn't help much.

Also this literally happened
>Get out, ask the woman I hit if she's okay
>She's fine but gets pissy when I try to help her out of the car. Like won't let me to attempt to open the door
>Tell her I'm gonna call 911
>Talk to her, constantly apologizing asking if she's really okay
>Responding no problem
>Amberlamps show up and suddenly she's "Unresponsive"
>>
It will cost more to make it a cobra r than it would to buy one in the first place, and it won't be worth 1/4th of a real one when you want to sell it.

It's never, ever a good idea. Make a vettecart out of the mustang.
>>
>>15198427
Leave the Cobra badging off and it's not too bad.

I hate faggots in V6s and GTs that put Cobra badges on their shitpiles
>>
My friend did exactly this with a gt.. wing and all. It was fast though put down 500+ to the wheels. 4v heads and a vortech on the factory 281.

His older brother had a quad cab f150 lightning clone. It was faster than my real lighting!!

But ya, i dont think its bad if you leave the badges off and you have to make it fast. If you follow those two guidelines who gives a fuck go for it.
>>
Considering they made only 300 Cobra Rs and they cost $70-120k+ used, go for it OP.

Just try your best to make it as close to a real R as possible. Hell, even get a 99-01 Cobra as a base.
>>
>>15198438
Yeah but at least with a Cobra it's not like they can blame you. Shit is expensive
>>
If it were me spending the time and money on this i would do the following body mods:

03 04 cobra front and rear bumpers and spoiler

Cobra r hood and side exhaust

10th aniversery svt cobra wheels
>>
>>15198427
Why clone it?

Why not just build a badass Mustang for the track? The end product will probably be faster and cheaper than the Cobra R, too.
>>
>>15198441
I like this guy and his opinion
>>
>>15198427
The Cobra wasn't cool because it looked good. it was cool because it performed great. So, get a V8 New Edge, and start adding fancy power bits. I wouldn't use a 5.4 Modular by the way, I'd use a 4.6 supercharged out of a Terminator.
>>
>>15198427
I see no problem with a replica provided you try to get the drivetrain as close as possible.
>N/A 5.4L DOHC V8
mmm. nice if you can make it scream.
>>
you can do that and still have people ask you if its a v6 like they do for mine

>i drive a 98 gt with a cobra front bumper, and the car roars with the sound of a 4.6 liter, and all the badges on the car say gt or 4.6... WHAT IN THE HELL TELLS YOU THIS IS A V6 YOU STUPID CUNTS?
>>
if you want a ricer go for it
>>
>>15198494
Hello newfriend.
>>
>>15200581
>The Cobra wasn't cool because it looked good. it was cool because it performed great.
this
looks dumb but its fast as shit
>>
File: Capri5.jpg (300 KB, 1438x1110) Image search: [Google]
Capri5.jpg
300 KB, 1438x1110
>>15198427
Your money senpai do what you please. I understand the cost issue. Let me ask you are you just making it look like a cobra r or also having the drivetrain. Doing a drivetrain swap can get expensive quick, but all exterior parts can be had fairly cheap. A good paint job is expensive.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.