[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coolant sensor "housing"(?) Leak. Ignoring all of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 2016-06-03 08.26.17.png (645 KB, 1080x892) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-03 08.26.17.png
645 KB, 1080x892
Coolant sensor "housing"(?) Leak. Ignoring all of the text that I scratched through in this picture. It's the only one I could find. I have a 93f150 that I dropped a 351 5.8 into. It came from a 95 bronco. Everything works fine, it's just this fucking piece giving me absolute hell. I went to a junkyard and found a replacement because my original one ended up having a hole in it. But now the coolant won't stop leaking out of the threads leading out of the neck. The temp sensor for the motor sits in here and the crossover pipe transfers coolant over when you're running your heater (so I hear). I have no idea what to do at this point.

Could I just wrench this piece back off and put a solid bolt in it, completely closing it off? Or maybe just run a hose out of it and clamp it off with the sensor connected at the end?
>>
File: 2016-06-03 08.30.23.png (607 KB, 1080x892) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-03 08.30.23.png
607 KB, 1080x892
The coolant seeps out where the green color is and then drains onto the top of the water pump to the ground. Just in case I wasn't clear where exactly the leak is.
>>
use thread sealant bro.
>>
>>15195032
So take it off and coat it with sealant, then screw it back in? Do you think I could seal it for the time being with something? I need drive it about 70 miles to get to where my tools are. I have some high rated atv for making gaskets but I'm not sure if it'll hold up to the temperature from the coolant.
>>
>>15195032
This. Teflon tape or a liquid variety
>>
>>15195049
>Teflon tape
This. Won't even be $2 at the hardware store and you're good to go.
>>
>>15195047
**rtv Not atv
>>
>>15195047
I think you will be fine for 70 miles if it's not overheating. Just take a gallon of water with you. I'm just guessing, though.

Anyway I have no idea what it is, you need a coolant system diagram or someone who has this engine.
But, you have to use thread sealant on threaded connections in a pressurized fluid system. Either tape or liquid.

You can bypass anything in the coolant system as long as water is still getting to both heads. but we don't know what it does. Or at least I don't not from this picture and if that sensor is relaying info to the ecu it could fuck up your mixture or leave the choke on constantly or something.
>>
>>15195091
Idling it put out a puddle about 16" across over a few minutes. I feel like the leak is too bad.
>>
>>15195047
coolant is only like 200 degrees. rtv would probably work, but I've never done it so I don't know.
>>
>>15195106
gasket rtv is slow drying though, so give it a while to cure a bit.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.