[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I asked on /DIY/ but they're being a bunch of summer fags.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Batmobile.jpg (294 KB, 2100x1388) Image search: [Google]
Batmobile.jpg
294 KB, 2100x1388
I asked on /DIY/ but they're being a bunch of summer fags. I'm building the 1989 batmobile and short of throwing an engine from another car into it i'd like to know what my alternatives are for making it electric. Like if any of you have any reccomendations
>>
>>15183562
>hort of throwing an engine from another car into it i'd like to know what my alternatives are for making it electric
start off with an electric car?
>>
File: Smug Anime 55.jpg (17 KB, 350x277) Image search: [Google]
Smug Anime 55.jpg
17 KB, 350x277
>>15183562
Here's a recommendation nerd, kill yourself
>>
Ask /cgl/
They'll be able to make an engine out of pvc pipe and spray paint
>>
>>15183562

You'd probably have to build it on an existing EV chassis because i dont see how you'd make one from scratch.

Find some junker prius and buy new batteries ($1k-$3k) then do your fabrication around it however you see fit.
>>
>>15183566
I mean I could do that but which car would I go with that isn't a tesla. I keep hitting results about some fag whos rigging a battery from some heavy machinery or bulldozers
>>
>>15183562
There are tons of kits for converting driveline components to work with electric motors.

What are you basing the vehicle on? Are you staying with an existing car, or building a bespoke chassis, or what?
>>
>>15183585
I wanted to figure out what engine I was going to build around before building a chassis, or converting an existing one from some car. It depends on which one I choose and how it'll fit with the design of it
>>
>>15183562
http://www.manspacemagazine.com.au/to-the-batmobile/#prettyPhoto

Follow this man's advice
>>
>>15183562
Put a turbine engine in it like film, you half assed faggot.
>>
>>15183562
Momo, is that you?
>>
File: s-l1000[1].jpg (113 KB, 1000x747) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000[1].jpg
113 KB, 1000x747
OP here finished my project I think it looks pret good. All electric too so it's good for the 'ment (that's how cool guys like me say "environment")
>>
>>15183562
Get an engine with a power turbine and use it to power a generator which you will then use to power the 4 independent motors in each wheel.
I'll leave the computer control and chassis design to you.
And don't forget the Tesla batteries!
>>
>>15183562
Step one:

Buy a 1985 Impala
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.