[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /o so im always arguing with my m8s about diesel vs gas and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: hondacivic91.jpg (304 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
hondacivic91.jpg
304 KB, 1280x960
sup /o
so im always arguing with my m8s about diesel vs gas
and i bet that some of you faggots will agree with me and some wont
so wat do you guys hv to say about this?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrocarbon
>>
>>15181250
I like diesel in CA because it's cheaper.
But, for anything other than economy and utility it's pretty shit.
>>
>>15181269
but the cost of a new diesel car is way higher than a gas car and the maintenance is also more expensive
>>
File: based1.3multijetmuhtorks.jpg (179 KB, 599x383) Image search: [Google]
based1.3multijetmuhtorks.jpg
179 KB, 599x383
>>15181250
Diesels just aren't fun. But they're okay for econoboxes because they get better MPG. They're more expensive to fix than N/A MPI gas engines though. Old TDIs (pre-2000) are GOAT, they will outlive the body.

I know some faggot will come here and post that diesel Audi that won Le Mans, you can fuck off.

Also, paging doctor !mjet to defend his shitbox.
>>
>>15181294
I wouldn't buy a new car. But if I can get 35mpg out of an old tdi and pay 50 cents less a gallon thats good.

a tdi swapped xj or something would be dank

>maintenance is also more expensive
citation?
>>
>>15181308
or a tdi swapped fj40 would be even danker
>>
File: why diesels aren't popular.png (215 KB, 1424x650) Image search: [Google]
why diesels aren't popular.png
215 KB, 1424x650
>>15181250
obligatory
>>
>>15181269
This.
There's no such thing as a fun diesel Most enthusiasts and normies will say a car with a fun engine is an engine that revs fast and revs high. Both are things diesels physically can't do.
To make an engine that revs fast and high, you need an engine capable of burning fuel fast and capable of getting it in and out of the cylinder fast (this also means an engine that makes god power). Diesel fuel burns very slowly, but very completely. So while it can't rev high or fast, it can get fantastic fuel economy.
>>
>>15181308
>>15181301
>>15181325
http://www.e-konomista.pt/artigo/gasoleo-ou-gasolina/
you only pay less per litre or gallon wtv u say you end up spending more in keeping the car 'alive'
>>
>>15181328
That isn't a citation. It's just words on a normie internet site saying diesel requires more maintenance. I've read words on the internet that say the exact opposite or that they are at least comparable. I'd expect most diesels to have no trouble hitting 200k miles before a rebuild. And I'd expect the same from a gasoline engine provided it's taken car of.

In most of the US diesel is more expensive at the pump, so it's completely useless in anything other than utility vehicles, so it's pretty much a non-issue. Diesel doesn't make sense for US consumers.

If I lived in San Fernando Valley and had to commute to Irvine or something diesel would could be a better option.
>>
>>15181364
those are the costs here in portugal thats y i stand for gas but my people seem to only care about the 10 or 15EUR they save when they fill up the tank yeah at the end of the year you have saved ~150EUR in fuel but then, as all diesel cars, you have to do something no matter wat and there goes your saved 150EUR x2 or x3
i have heard from mechanics and taxi drivers (cuz this guys here know what they say when it comes to cars) that diesel only beats gas when you talk about 175-200k KM a year and for a small country like mine thats a lot
and here is something i hate about diesel cars, if you want to take out the full potencial of your car you have to remove all filters and shit they have (cuz diesel has a lot of filters for wat i have seen) and the car will end up producing a shit load of smoke like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSoDgDJQaro
this is a huge problem over here
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.