[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
muscle car advice.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Javelin.jpg (44 KB, 564x450) Image search: [Google]
Javelin.jpg
44 KB, 564x450
I'm looking for a cool muscle car to use as my DD. I found a nice looking 74 Amc Javelin for $6500 or a nice looking 1980 camaro for $6000. Is there any other cars you'd recommend. Also we could turn this into a muscle car general.
>>
File: camaro.jpg (36 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
camaro.jpg
36 KB, 600x337
Pic is of said camaro
>>
>>15178556
That's pretty nice

If you want something more on par with modern cars I'd say a dodge dart or demon

If you want a boat, something like a '70 olds cutlass or 71 plymouth roadrunner
>>
Check your sector's smog mandates before settling on a year.
>>
>>15178568
meant to say "on par with modern car size"

Also remember to check for leaks fucking everywhere
>>
Javelin would be a better investment. That camaro is overpriced. Muscle cars aren't bad daily drivers as long as you can handle 13mpg. Also get front disc brakes in the future if not equipped.
>>
File: interior javelin.jpg (104 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
interior javelin.jpg
104 KB, 1200x675
>>15178622
Thanks for the advice. My current pickup truck probably gets around the same mpg. Here is a picture of the interior of the javelin. The javelin also has some rust spots on the left quarter panel due to it not being re-ziebarted. At least that's what the seller says.
>>
>>15178585
Where would be some common leaks to check for?
>>
>>15178672
I really did mean "fucking everywhere". Oil pan, tranny fluid, battery, coolant, anywhere liquid runs through that car, check it and recheck it, then check it again.
>>
>>15178723
Old cars leak, get over it. They even leaked from the factory. Unless it's pissing it's not a big deal.

>>15178652
No it rusted because current baby boomer owner isn't taking car of it. If there's visible rust I'd recommend having it taken for a buyer inspection if you don't know what areas to look for rust. Rusty body panels make it look ugly but there could be rust you don't see like underneath in the frame that could be bad. Any rust repair is costly to do right so keep that in mind before paying $6500 for a mid 70's AMC
>>
>>15178852
My dad can do basic body work. when I go to check it out I'll look for more rust. I'm not afraid to tell a guy that I'm not interested because it's a piece of shit.
>>
>>15178575
This is something you should really look into. Check the year and stuff and look into the laws or else you would waste a lot of money on something you cant drive, or keep spending crazy money just to keep the car around
>>
>>15179247
Already did it, my county does not have any sort of smog laws. Ohio only has 7 counties that check for it.
>>
>>15179267
Fantastic!
My boyfriend's DD is a 1970 Chevelle. It's a beauty save for the horrible mileage. Everywhere we go, someone will go great lengths just to tell you that they dig your ride, so get ready for that

Also maybe look into insurance specifically for historic vehicles. I'm not sure '74 will qualify but at least look into it. Insurance companies don't like dealing with old vehicles at all and it's better safe than sorry just to have a reliable insurance company. BF got into an accident (a tractor rolled off a truck and caused people to go crazy so he got rear-ended and spun) recently and even though he's paid for full coverage with Statefarm for years, Statefarm says they're not paying a penny even though it's not his fault for banging up the car
>>
>>15178535
dude i'd buy a javelin any day. get rid of all the emissions crap and you have a good car
>>
>>15179300
Damn, That sucks that they won't pay to fix it. Anyway, I think I'll like the attention I'll get from driving it. Also If you have any pictures of that Chevelle I'd love to see them.
>>
>>15179300
>they're not paying a penny
They don't believe his story and neither do I. Caused people to go crazy my ass.
>>
>>15178556
I DD a 79 camaro with a newly built 425hp 350 it's pretty sweet
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.