[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>built not bought nice meme, im sure you are more capable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1464525283062.jpg (1 MB, 2409x3620) Image search: [Google]
1464525283062.jpg
1 MB, 2409x3620
>built not bought

nice meme, im sure you are more capable than companies with the worlds best engineers and hundreds of millions of dollars budgets
>>
8/10 I'm impressed
>>
File: 3PWcDkS.jpg (29 KB, 400x523) Image search: [Google]
3PWcDkS.jpg
29 KB, 400x523
>>15178235
This fucker - I said - this fucker opened a new thread instead of replying to a post.
>>
>>15178252
Imore impressed with Obama's sweater meat
>>
>>15178235
>im sure you are more capable than companies with the worlds best engineers and hundreds of millions of dollars budgets
Certainly more capable than german manufacturers
>>
built not bought just means I bought a bolt on part and installed it instead of taking it to a shop
>>
File: scion-frs-dyno.jpg (135 KB, 1324x964) Image search: [Google]
scion-frs-dyno.jpg
135 KB, 1324x964
>>15178235

>im sure you are more capable than companies with the worlds best engineers and hundreds of millions of dollars budgets

This is the reason the GT86™ couldn't possibly have more power from the factory, guise.
>>
Don't worry my $2000 trusty dusty coilovers were engineered by NASA engineers lmao after all I'd settle for no less during light street use and daily driving!!! :')
>>
>>15179784
>160whp
>still runs the quarter mile in less than 17 seconds
>>
>>15179784
> 700hp modified camaro
> slower than stock in the 1/4 mile
op is right
>>
>>15178235
there are different objectives at hand
but in general I think people make ill informed decisions about suspension geometry and spring/damper rates
>>15179784
accountant knows best
>>
>>15178235
Actually it refers to buying a modified car or having others do the work for you, but whatever.
>>
>>15178235
They engineer it, and then gimp it because muh emissions and muh target market and muh trim levels.

You un-gimp it and call it "built" to try and sound manlier than you actually are, like something that most people don't even know where to start with needs to be talked up.
>>
>>15178235
literally the only time i have seen these stickers is on cars owned by dumbass hawaiians. everyone was a stock car with some aftermarket wheels and small bolt on accessories that could be done in less than a day by one person. I fucking hate hawaiians, they have the worst taste in cars ever. nothing but swaggots and brodozers.
>>
They also factory limit their cars and parts to meet emmissions/insurance/tax regulations.
>>
>>15179801
My 1990 240sx with a major vacuum leak ran mid-high 16's too, so what's your point?
>>
>>15181170
Bromaro owns a 700hp camaro0 and did a 1/4 run in it at 17 seconds in perfect conditions
>>
>>15181172
What's he running in the rear? Donuts?
>>
>>15178235
>more capable than companies with the worlds best engineers and hundreds of millions of dollars budgets
More capable, probably not.

Less constrained by emissions, budget, time, labour, NVH values, consumer demand, fuel mileage and a ton of other stuff professional engineers have to worry about? Yes.
>>
>>15181191
Somebody gets it.
>>
While OP's referring to a special crowd of people including stancefags, i happen to own a built not bought car.

It was built by a team of engineers, with my funding and i'm proud of it.

Don't lump people who have seriously engineered machines in with some faggot throwing aftermarket rims on and pretending any actual engineering went on.

Car companies are cucked by emissions and are not the only engineers in the world, just so you know.
>>
File: ayyey.png (1008 KB, 692x694) Image search: [Google]
ayyey.png
1008 KB, 692x694
>>15178280

kek
>>
OP is posting bait - no one is this stupid.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.