[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
trying to repair my fob that has two switches stuck down. scrapped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 20160531_020550.jpg (3 MB, 4358x2480) Image search: [Google]
20160531_020550.jpg
3 MB, 4358x2480
trying to repair my fob that has two switches stuck down. scrapped the shit out of it.... will it still work?
>>
>>15173909
>busted SMT components

sorry bro, you're not going to be fixing it on your own
>>
>>15173922
question was whether or not the scrap would cause it to not work. not whether or not i could solder on new SMD switches.
>>
>>15173909
>will it still work?

It's almost as if you can't just drop the battery in it and test it yourself for a total time loss of maybe 10seconds + the time it takes to walk to your car.
>>
>>15173909

>SMT crap

This should be illegal.
>>
>>15173932
the buttons are broken...
>>
>>15173950
Oh, what I got from the OP was that you managed to fix the buttons, but scraped all around them.
>>
>>15173963
na i dont want to go to the trouble of soldering new switches if it wont work bc of the scrap
>>
In case of something like this would it be possible to "piggy-back" the new switches off the pcb with wires and shoving the board somewhere?
Fixing smd board is hell, I've tried.
>>
>>15174004
any info on how to go about doing this? sounds interesting
>>
>>15174103

It's simply extending the legs of the component with wires so you don't have to work on the tiny overcrowded machine made boards since it's hard, and also one wrong move could take few caps/resistors.
Soldering 4 small wires is easier.
This obviously means you can't put the board back in it's place because now it will be bulkier. But that's what glue is for.

In something like OP's case I'd do exactly that.
>>
>>15173938
>This should be illegal.
Users scraping their boards with sharp hard objects should be illegal. Should user error be made illegal?

>Eggs should not break when dropped - this should be illegal.
User error should be made illegal?

>Aliens invading earth should be illegal.
It might be. Watch Independence Day: Resurgence this June 24th and you will see the law laid down (or not). Unfortunately, many virtual keyfobs were vaporized in the movie....
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.