[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you record the work done on your car.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1skoda.jpg (13 KB, 300x214) Image search: [Google]
1skoda.jpg
13 KB, 300x214
Came across a guy who had like 10 plus years in a small notebook of every oil change/ rotation...etc that has been replaced on his car...IS this normal?
>>
>>15172466
10+ years isn't really, but some service history is always nice.
>>
I do it
>>
I even save the receipts from the gas stations.
>>
I don't, although I probably should. I just set my secondary trip for oil changes. When I do my oil change I also rotate the tires check all the fluids, pads, basically do a routine inspection but I don't bother recording it. As for parts I've installed, I have a rough idea of at what mileage they were put in
>>
>>15172466
i do it.

i'm pretty OCD about it.
>>
>>15172466
I mean not usally but i'd definitely do it if I bought a factory new vehicle
>>
>>15172466
I have recorded every fuelup and change for every car I have owned. It's pretty easy since it takes time for the gas tank to fill, so I quickly write down the odometer and the delta miles traveled. The gas pump tells me how many gallons it took to fill up. That gave me the MPG and was an additional way to check on the health of the engine as well as my driving.
>>
>>15172466
I serviced my car. Noted it in the logbook. Had a full history when I bought it, might aswell keep it up.
>>
Yea only for belts, oil changes and any thing major or ill write on the part the date it was changed like my starter for example
>>
>>15172466
Same here, seemed criminal not to keep the log going. Didn't find it until after I bought the car but it still saved me some time and money
>>
>>15172466
yes, i do it in excel
>>
>>15172466
Hell yeah. I've got a little binder in the console stuffed with neatly folded records/receipts and parts warranties.
>>
If you have a younger used car (15 years or so?) without a full service history you're throwing away a considerable chunk of its value here in Germany because it means that buyers have to take a risk in its state of maintenance. It's a rather big deal.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.