[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm having car problems and wondering what's the solution.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 350x262
I'm having car problems and wondering what's the solution. Perhaps you can help me.

I drive a 99 Honda Accord 205,000 miles on it. During the summer months I have trouble starting it up. It'll turn on for not even a second and shut off right away. I'll attempt to turn it on again and it'll start up and then shut off in a split second. I usually wait about 30 seconds or a minute and try again. It takes me about 3-6 tries before it'll start up and stay running. But the problem doesn't end there.

For the first 5 minutes or so of driving, at any point, my car can shut off. I can pull out of the parking lot no problem but as soon as I slow down to come to a stop sign my car shuts off immediately. And then I have to try to start it up again a couple of times. Then there's a 50/50 chance it shuts off again at the next stop sign. Also sometimes while I'm slowing down, I'll flick my turn signal it'll shut off immediately. Once I'm on driving on a long back road or on the highway I'm okay (although it has shut off randomly while in the middle of driving but it's rare) Usually after 10 minutes of driving it won't shut off at all, stop signs and all.

Does anybody know what could be wrong?
>>
check ur light ground, should be in the trunk somewhere

made my civic die when i applied brake lights turn signals etc
>>
>>15171762
But it's only during the first few minutes of driving. Doesn't happen at all after its warmed up. Still an issue? But thanks I'll try to check that out
>>
Your sparkplugs could be worn and having trouble keeping up with sparking the fuel which could be causing all the issues. Luckily for you sparkplugs are cheap as shit and would be easy to install on your Honda, I just did sparkplugs on my Subaru the other week and that is a bit more involved so I believe you've got it in ya
>>
>>15171767
could be the alternator
>>
>>15171603
With all electrical problems you should start with the battery. How old is it? Even if it's not old, get it tested. Then follow the other anon's advice.
>>
>>15171603
Main relay, components inside the distributor. Check these two
>>
Thank you guys! I'll look into everything you're saying to do!

My battery is about 2 years old. My buddy said it could be the terminals causing the problem so I cleaned the corrosion off of them but the problem still persists.

When I went to get my car inspected a few months ago the shop said I needed a new catalytic converter. But that's like $600 so I just went to my friend who slapped a sticker on for me and I threw him $50. You think that could be causing the issue or they just tryna rip me off?
>>
>>15172077
How do I check them?
>>
it's usually the main relay located in the cabin under the dash. It common for them to start failing when the weather gets warm.

Distributors like to take a shit on Hondas all the time as well. I also jumped the gun on one Honda and figured it was the relay. It ended up being the receiver in the antitheft system for the rfid chip in the key.
>>
File: BedfordRascal009.jpg (177 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
BedfordRascal009.jpg
177 KB, 1024x768
>>15171603
Sell it and get one of these.
>>
>>15173077
What was wrong with the rfid chip?
>>
>>15173117
That from darma?
>>
>>15172132
$600 for a cat
My 2002 civic si it was $280
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.