[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Modding Civics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: pos honda.jpg (374 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
pos honda.jpg
374 KB, 1600x1200
How much money would I be looking to spend if I were to turbo a civic and try to get around 300hp?

>tldr : How easy is it to make a fast civic and for how much$ ?
>>
Too much.

Get a different car if you want 300+ hp.

Without spending triple the cost of the car you'll only get like 200 hp if you're lucky.
>>
>>15170315
Yes
>>
There's a guy on YouTube that modded an accord (I think) with turbo. Listed parts and maybe prices. Haven't finished the series.
>>
>>15170393
triple the cost of a civic is still under the cost of the cars you're talking about
>>
>>15170315
And this is why everybody views Honda owners as absolute retards.
>>
A stock b series swap and mid range turbo kit can get you there pretty easily and reliably and for around 1800-2500 depending on new vs used parts. . If you want to get to the power mine makes and have it stay together then expect 15k doing all your own work.
>>
If you built a D16z6 or y8 it could be done for under 2 grand US with eagle rods, viruses pistons, around head studs, and a turbo kit. You'd be pushing like 25psi of boost to do it though
>>
>>15170431
because they wrench on their cars as opposed to shitposting?
>>
>>15170525
*Vitara pistons.

I'm on a phone.
>>
Foxbody, Son
>>
>>15170569
Gross no thanks
>>
Hey guys i own a 2005 subie sti which makes 300 hp at the crank and my friend has a boosted toyota corolla claiming he is making 250 hp at the wheel who eould win in a race?
>>
>>15170585
The one that's not wrong wheel drive
>>
File: 1308097591001.png (23 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1308097591001.png
23 KB, 604x453
>>15170585
>>
>>15170585
Off the line you will, anything past 40mph he will
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.