[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>any kind of modification requires written proof of compatibility
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 19
>any kind of modification requires written proof of compatibility from the brand or an independent approved auto engineer
>And it still needs to be added to the car's registry by the car and road institute, which can still invalidate said proof you had to pay for, if they feel like it
>Cars taxed to hell and back

Is there a more nanny country than this shithole? Brand (Opel) just refused me a proof for tyres that came on a higher trim of the same fucking model, claiming if they weren't approved from factory in this version, they're unsafe for it
>>
>>15166685
But on the upside, no stance, no brotrucks, no rolling coal.
>>
File: 246426.png (425 KB, 922x502) Image search: [Google]
246426.png
425 KB, 922x502
You need written proof from the manufacturer when switching to a different size?

Shieeeeeet
>>
>>15166685
Are you surprised though?
You should be aware that everything is like that in Southern Europe.
Endless beurocracy, laws, regulation and taxes then they wonder why the "black economy" is growing so fast.
>>
>>15166709

Yep, our registry has a list of approved sizes for that car
Pic related
>>
>>15166729
Wow... here you can deviate 5% from the size it says in the cars title without getting approved. Anything more or less will have to be approved by the DMV, although all you have to do is show up and let them check that its not dangerous for the cars handling, and then its approved
>>
File: image.png (201 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.png
201 KB, 900x900
>live in free and non-cucked state
>lift truck 10"
>put 40" tires on it
>pull out all emissions equipment
>100% legal
Feels great
>>
>>15166939

Oh the 5%. We have it over here as well, but how it's applied is...interesting.

>Say you have a "non-approved" tyre size within the 5% deviation of the original wheel diameter
>It will pass inspection with a type 1 minor defect, meaning it can still drive like that
>If you are pulled over and the officer notices it, you get ticketed, and if he's in a bad mood, your car gets impounded

Sometimes I swear our laws were written by a bunch of monkeys. Hell, these type 1 defects include not washing your car. Yeah people like lpg would love not having to deal with hoarder cars, but their standard of "minimum level of hygiene" might be a tad too high
>>
>>15166685
Xuning do caralho não me deixa dormir à noite.
>>
that sounds like utter hell

I increased my wheel size by 2 inches, lowered 1.5 inches, braced the rear subframe, tinted the windows, completely deleted all traces of emissions regulation such as secondary air and cats, deleted the muffler, (still have two resonators), and I'm having a manifold fabricated for a supercharger right now

tax: 0
registrations: 0

I agree that modifications to personal property should not endanger other people on public roadways but I can drive my car just as violently on 16s at 180 whp as I can on 18s with 250 whp so there's no reason to get robbed by kikes over it
>>
>>15167115

Sadly this is the reason we can't have nice things. Some people say this is a country of fucking puritans, and here's why

>He wants to modify his car, that means he's a street racing faggot chav

Which reminds me I never said what Opel refused me. My Corsa Sport comes with 165/65 14 tyres. Wanted to approved 185/60 14, as these are way easier to find, and the Gsi came with those, so no problems with fitting
But nooo, the Sport was never approved for 185's from factory, so they're unsafe for it
>>
File: Foto9.jpg (772 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Foto9.jpg
772 KB, 2000x1333
>>15166685
>need manufacturer approval so you can change wheels

what the fuck Alberto
can you own older cars there?
>>
>>15166685
>>15166685
Why do you have to tell anyone?

I mean no one can tell you're running different tires.
>>
>>15167157
Não critico o querer alterar, por mim fazes o que bem entenderes e se fores mais um degenerado deste país só desejo que ponhas 30 turbos no carro e te espetes à primeira, o problema é mesmoesse um gajo hoje em dia vai comprar um carro usado ou vai na rua e é só gajos que se acham muita bons e que são grandes pilotos e pensam que estão dentro do velocidade furiosa, isso são bandalhos, depois vão mecher nos carros e só fazem merda, e ainda vão por no OLX para ver se alguém pega na merda que eles fizeram por se armarem em bons.

Há e aumentar o tamanho dos pneus tem efeito no imposto sobre o automovel, as emissões e tal, por isso faz sentido que seja regulado, mais, se assaltares um banco e tiveres um spoiler no carro, fica muito mais fácil para a polícia identificar o dono do carro.

Cheers,
>>
>>15167166

They are...for now
Our government is set on eco friendly shit, and shows no intentions of stopping

Take our capital for instance. There are quite a few areas where only cars sold after X year are allowed to drive.
Keep in mind it's year, nothing else. That means the poor old lady in her '99 1.2 Corsa isn't allowed there, but the chav in his 2000 opened fuel pump diesel ibiza has free reign
>>
>>15167181

Thanks for proving my point. "You are a degenerate that belongs on a cross if you want to modify your car, I hope you crash". That's some hardcore projecting, if I've ever seen one.
Next time speak in english like everyone here, so we all know how much of a conservative you sound.

>If you rob a bank and have a wing on your car it's easier for the police to identify it

What does that even have to do with this?
>>
Do these automotive sharia laws apply to everyone or just the poor sad fucks that have Moortugal registered cars?

Say I roll into Portugal in my Series Landrover that I've fitted with a home built roofrack, angry off roaf tires, and a 2.5D engine that was never available from the factory.

Will the sharia enforcment service fuck with me?
>>
>>15167172
there are plenty of videos of cops in canada and the faggier US states doing traffic stops and then also doing things like exhaust and tint checks just to see how many tickets they can write

I can see OP being made to report for emissions testing and getting a fixit for non-approved tires

honestly at this point it's probably for the best if you guys just open the borders up to the muslim hordes and make a new life for yourself in canada or something
>>
>>15167222

Registered
They would pull you over on the spot, but if it's not retarded tier and you're clever you can fool them saying that's legal where you live, I doubt they'll bother checking
But then you want to stay and register your car, and this is where it gets fun.
>>
>>15167222
Once your ten spline axles shear off, I'm sure they'd fuck with you.
>>
>>15166953
Apart from the pulling out emissions equipment, which is a federal crime, you are correct.
>>
File: IMG_20160109_221941474-620x349.jpg (41 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160109_221941474-620x349.jpg
41 KB, 620x349
>>15167196
damn, didn't know it was that much no-fun allowed
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSoDgDJQaro

blame these people
>>
I'm set on buying a vacation home in either Spain or Portugal this year and shit like this, and that fucking wealth tax Spain has reintroduced keeps fucking up my plans.
>>
>>15167228
I mean I live in UK and we "have to" tell the insurance people what mods we got. That includes alloy wheels, tint, exhaust, stickers. Off course cops don't care because it's not illegal to have alloy wheels or stickers.
>>
>>15167218
English then.

If you are a faggot like most of the people in this country that just wants to look good for their neighboors instead of doing something useful with your life, the typical guy that wants to earn the minimum wage but be the clown of the company, and still thinks that he has the right to complain about the politicians, that type of guy is just wasting everybodies time and money since we are a cuck country.

>What does that even have to do with this?
Because with bigger tyres you end up with bigger CO2 emissions, so you have to pay for it like everyone else, and that makes sense.
About the spoiler, if you equip something that makes your car visible different to others, you should have to have it registered because as i said, if you rob a bank and someone sees a detail that your car has that no other car has, they just go to the system, search for a opel corsa with a spoiler and voila, they have the data of the suspect in seconds.
>>
>>15167263

Ok, you can if it gets approved as a classic car...

And I mean approved by a full retard regulator.

>Acquaintance of mine tries to approve his 240z as a classic car.
>Failed because...get ready for it...cleaned and repainted his rusting chrome wiper arms
>>
>>15167265
No. I blame the Government and idiots like you castrating yourself for the "greater good".

Let those faggots have there fun in their Opel Corsas. I don't give a fuck.

You all got the dictatorship you deserved as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>15167283
hey I didn't vote for the lefties
>>
>>15167286
No one ever does. Amazing how they are still in power.
>>
>>15167157

>In the relation to the base tire, this tire has the greater circumference for 25 mm (0.99 in), which is 1.4% greater than the base tire.
>The actual speed will be 1.4% greater than the speedo reading.

That's just 2 crazy

I'm currently running 225/40r18 while my papers lists 225/45r18 as the closest approved size. Pretty devilish.
>>
>>15167275

Like I said, top class projecting
You don't know me, you don't know the reasons for my intentions, yet you think you can make something up and label me.
And in case you didn't notice, I'm not questioning their reasons, I'm questioning the need for this much bureaucracy
>>
>>15167255
Salisbury 24 spline in the rear, nigga.
Haven't broken in the first 36 years of life not gonna break now.
>>
>>15166699
Not OP, but also from portugal.
I see a shitton of diesel Ibiza's that make an whole intersection foggier than fucking nurburgring this weekend when the start rolling
>>
>>15167304
I didn't said that you where like that, i said "if you're one of the many degenerates in this country", i live in a city full of trash people so, yesterday at night, a stupid guy was drag racing alone in a residential zone, with a lot of building and people that where asleep because they had to work in the next morning, but the fucking degenerate was just drag racing alone burning daddy's money just to say "oh look people i'm here, so how awsome i am".
The bureaucracy is need for their reasons, plus, if the brand doesn't want you to make that change, its because you can be messing with something that they don't want you to, for instance you can always discover a flaw or end up with some accident and in the end the brand name gets dirty, look for example for the Paul Walker's case, they're still saying that's porsche's fault even when they have sent engeneer's to the local, the brand's name got a bit dirty just because some fag decided to be stupid (not saying that's the case).
>>
>>15166953
What state of USA you in friend?
I'm French and is trying to move to the USA.
>>
>>15166953
>What is federal law?
>>
>>15167337

>yesterday at night, a stupid guy was drag racing alone in a residential zone, with a lot of building and people that where asleep because they had to work in the next morning

Yeah, fuck that, but it has little to do with modifying or not, retards will be retards, in factory or riced cars. Things can be done properly with head, body and limbs, and that's what I intend to do on mine.
Still, I think it's too much of a protective move from opel. What's on the table is a roughly 10% increase in width while keeping the rest of the dimensions, all because good tyres in the original size are getting harder and harder to find each day.
>>
>>15167340
As far as I know you can do this in most states except California
>>
>>15166953
>>15167347
If he lives in a state that doesn't require inspection he won't ever get caught
>>
>>15167373
That's what they want, tyres that are hard to find so you end up buying to them and not in other place, that way they can control price, make it expensive for no reason, and you will have no choice but to buy them to them at a higher price.
>>
>>15167392
If you think this is okay then you're retarded
>>
>>15167403
Where did i said that it is okay? Stupid.
>>
>>15167392

Sad but true, one time on /g/, yeah I know
>/g/
This one guy said something I fully agree with
>If something seems overly complicated for no reason, chances are someone is making money off it

Take my case, if I still want that size, I have to take my car to a registered auto techlab, where they test my car and charge 150€ for each size I want approved.
>>
>>15167275
>>15167337

You are the ultimate leftist cuck, willing to cut off your own little cock to please your masters.

I bet you support speed cameras and mandatory tracking devices in cars too.
Just incase someone commits a "crime".

You are worse that the degenerates you describe.

Why the fuck are you even on here?
>>
File: sledge4.jpg (22 KB, 580x240) Image search: [Google]
sledge4.jpg
22 KB, 580x240
>>15167275
STATIST DETECTED

GET FUCKED
>>
>>15167281
thats pretty shitty
sorry tugabro
>>
>>15167275
Kill yourself. People like you are the fucking reason Geroge Orwell wrote 1984.
>>
File: bait become.jpg (48 KB, 998x998) Image search: [Google]
bait become.jpg
48 KB, 998x998
>>15167275
>>
Not OP, but from Portugal.
We can't even do proper engine swaps here.
We only can choose engines that were in the same model.
>I can only swap my 1.4 for a 1.6
>no RB26 for me
>>
>>15167522

Just reel in that bait. Sadly, this is actually how most people here think.
>>
>>15167522
You think that's bait but that's really how these delusional nanny state leftists think.

People like them are the reason UK ebay banned knives.

Its like they WANT to be abused by the state.
>>
>>15167457
Of i am you fucking beta fag that puts the other's in danger just to "Oh i'm so good i'm at 300Km/h look at my i'm so...", and dies in an accident.

>>15167488
It's an honor that such a book has been written for me. Thanks.
>>
>>15167556
How about you stop trying to control other people's lives and just live your own life. Not everyone wants to be cuckolded by a nanny state that demands everything run on good feelings and the bad-thinkers are thrown in the fee-fee timeout zone
>>
>>15167556
>Of i am you fucking beta fag that puts the other's in danger just to "Oh i'm so good i'm at 300Km/h look at my i'm so...", and dies in an accident.

This is how a downsed up leftist sounds like when they go into meltdown.
>>
>>15167556
>puts others at risk for his own enjoyment
>somehow beta

Keep sucking that government cock, I'm sure they'll reward you eventually
>>
>>15167556
>Of I am
>puts the other's
>other's
Useful idiots in action.
>>
>>15167556
Why are you even here if you hate cars so much
>>
>>15167538

Calma aí maior.

Even if it's the exact same engine technically you have to report the swap, in practice noone bothers to actually check, so it's fine.
Another engine, and it's close to what you do for tyres, but you have to present a full report on the project you intend to do, why you want to change engine, chassis mods to cope with it, if you are increasing the displacement pay the remaining for taxes as if it was a new car, in short an investment of thousands if you want to do things properly.
What most people do, and probably what you are referring to, is swapping an engine that looks like the old one, or that doesn't stick out, and keep a policy of don't ask don't tell.
>>
>>15167580
WHere did i said that i hated cars you stupid, this thread really has a low IQ, you are so stupid that you can't understand that driving is a responsability that you can kill other innocents by just being stupid like that. You seem like you drive alone in your fucking countries.
>>
>>15167580
So he can see the thought process of the troglodyte gear-heads and their powerful 2-liter engines. Truly gear-heads are holding society back and if we could enforce mandatory buy-backs of racist and ableist cars with displacements above 1.6 liters we could live in a beautiful post-race and post-gender society
>>
>>15167569
>How about you stop trying to control other people's lives and just live your own life.

He cant. His life consists of nothing but meddling and fixating on the lives of others because he thinks he is superior than everyone else.
But he can't actually accomplish anything, so he tries to ruin the fun others are having.
That is the only way he feels like he has control over them, and therefore superiority.

In his posts he has cried about others spending daddy's money, called others degenerates for working minimum wage jobs, accused people with spoilers of being potential banc robbers, claimed everyone that modifies their car makes it unsafe and could die in a fireball at any moment, and said that everybody in his city was trash - with the exception of him of course.
>>
>>15166685
Lol new au rural master race all the mechanics let everything past unless the wheels gonna fall off
>>
>>15167589
OK so everything needs to be bone stock or you're an irresponsible fuck head whose gonna kill someone.

I ask again, why do you hate cars
>>
>>15167616
Ok, you're retarded.
>>
>>15166685
Sei perfeitamente do que falas. Queria homologar jantes de 17'' e o máximo permitido de fábrica é 16'', apesar de existirem variantes do carro com jantes de 17''.
>>
>>15167625i just don't see your reasoning. If I want my car to look, sounds or drive different why can't I do that? I'm a fucking mechanic for Christ's sake, at no point do I NOT know what the fuck I'm doing
>>
>>15167589
Responsibility does not come from owning a factory standard vehicle.
We seem to do fine in our countries without those bullshit restrictions. How do you explain that you fucking idiot.
The problem here is that you yourself likely are irresponsible, and equally as likely not capable of driving safely.

Of course that won't do, because as we have already established, you think you are superior to everyone.

So in order to cope, you project your insecurities onto others. Its why you are so preoccupied with car crashes and "trash people" endangering others with their 2" wider tyres.
You claim others are the problem but its infact you. Its always been you.
>>
>>15166939
What the fuck? I know lots of people who modify their cars and they don't say shit to the DMV
>>
>>15167598
Not even buy-backs.

If they're so fucking disgusting as to buy a car with natural aspiration and displacements above 1.6 litres they shouldn't get any money back. It's a fair punishment for such racist and misogynist scum.
>>
File: 180px-Frenchman[1].jpg (6 KB, 180x161) Image search: [Google]
180px-Frenchman[1].jpg
6 KB, 180x161
>>15167340
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_inspection_in_the_United_States

There's a lot of variation and you can exploit the shit out of it if you live near the edge of a more restricted area. I live in a completely unrestricted county in Eastern Ohio but my vehicles came from Pennsylvania and West Virginia where I suspect they were extra cheap because they wouldn't have passed their inspections. Here they just checked their vin tags against their registration and said okeedokee here's an Ohio title. In West Virginia the title didn't even have to be notorized which I thought was sketchy as fuck and I was afraid I'd have to either go all the way back or fudge but the girl at the title office didn't even bat an eyelash. One weird thing was that I had to go to the BMV to get the VIN check then to the title office then back to the BMV to register it which would have confused and frustrated me if I hadn't researched it pretty deeply online first so I encourage you to do the same.

I tell you all this because I really want to believe some French guy is going to come to the US and buy himself a huge brotruck. Pic related.
>>
>>15167632

Did you take your case to tdsauto already? They deal with tyre size approvals from fiat. You might have some luck with them handling things.
>>
>>15167378
You can drive lifted trucks in California

Removing emissions related components on your car is illegal regardless of what state you're in (federal law). Buy out in the literally who states nobody cares about what degenerate rednecks do to their cars so they don't bother inspecting them.
>>
>>15167729
>Buy out in the literally who states nobody cares about what degenerate rednecks do
Man they should have literacy testing in California too.
>>
>>15167723
Ye, sent them a mail. They asked me for the DUA and they explicitly told me the only measurement (already approved) was 195/55 R16.
More than that I'd have to take my case to L.T.A so they had to test the required measurement (205/45 R17).
About 180€ for the test, only.
>>
>>15167774

Sucks. If it's worth anything, Prova Ímpar does the same test for 150€, asked them about my Corsa
>>
>>15167796
The worst of it is they won't even guarantee Fiat will approve it after the test is done.
It's retarded as fuck. Just makes you want to put some 17 wheels and pray the po-po doesn't fuck you.
>>
>>15166685
Well OP, I think we all know that the solution is pretty obvious.
Don't tell anyone about you're mods
>>
>>15167835
That's impossible, unless you undo all of them when the time comes to have the car inspected. Which, starting at the age of 4, is mandatory every year.
>>
>>15167742
My phone autocorrects things even when spelled correctly, and I'm not going to proofread my shitposts.

Don't you have a date with your first cousin or a hoedown to go to Cleetus?
>>
>>15167854

I didn't know phones auto-corrected to retardese.
>>
so if one person does a mod and it is approved can everyone do it?
why doesn't the fact that people do these mods all the time in other countries without causing carnage not mean anything to them?
>>
>>15167861
That's because you're a bitter poorfag who is still using a Motorola Razr because nobody has given enough of a shit to get 3g out on your farm
>>
My car came pre-aproved with bigger rim sizes from the dealership so I have that one covered.

Remaps is completely invisible so no need to report one.

A friend of mine has a very illegally modded 320i so he just gives the inspection dude 50 euros and passes.

If you are smart about your mods and don't go retard tint/wheel/paint/spoiler combos there is little chance the police will bother you.

Also most mechanics "know" an inspection spot that accepts "fees".
>>
>>15167872

Better poor than stupid :)
>>
>>15166685
start a petition. having a tuning industry would improve the economy, which i think you guys need.
in the mean time just port your heads and get a reground cam. no one will notice
>>
>>15167877
Yeah, pretty much that.
I'm planning on having my car remapped and the DPF deleted.
As long as they fabricate a dummy DPF and the remap doesn't make the car roll coal it's all fine.

The most retarded thing, I think, is having lowered springs. If you have aftermarket springs on it that aren't painted black you're pretty much guaranteed to fail.
>>
>>15167846
Ah! Don't get it inspected?

Really, if you want to dive a fast car you either need to buy a faster car in the first place, or get a dedicated track car.
>>
>>15167884
no
>>
>>15167893
>in the mean time just port your heads and get a reground cam
Once a number of people do that, they will start to require internal inspections
>>
>>15167884
FACT: there are no poor and smart people
>>
>>15167935
I believe it should be:

There are no poor and smart people. FACT.
>>
>>15167922
if that was a problem they'd be doing it already.
>>
>>15167867

Short and simple:

>No
>Don't care, believe me, I told them there was a Sport version in the UK that came from factory with 185's, they ignored me
>>
>>15167935
>Materialism
Poor is relative. The Anon who lives in California may well have a lower quality of life than the Ohio Anon despite having a higher income and deluding himself as to his superiority.
>>
>>15167962
people should take it to court, then the eu court etc
get the law changed.
muh yuman rights
>>
>>15167976
Not gonna happen. Safety, or excuse me, "safety" trumps muh freedoms.
>>
File: pbpic2213857.jpg (81 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
pbpic2213857.jpg
81 KB, 640x480
Sounds like you need to move out of that communist shithole, OP.

Pic related, OBS on 54" tires.
>>
>>15167990
well if people don't stand up then of course the govt can do what it likes.
you get the govt you deserve.
>>
>>15168006
The majority of people doesn't give a shit about modding their cars, so they wouldn't stand up in the first place.
>>
>>15167935
>Noone has ever lost everything, started from nothing, or had to work their way up

You heard it first on /o/, if you're not making 80k a year fresh out of high school you're a retard
>>
File: hillary-clinton-thumbs-up.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hillary-clinton-thumbs-up.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
>>15168006
>>
>>15167976
EU does not care. Things like car registration tax, and road tax is up to the member state to dictate its will to its pitiful subjects.
As long as they call it "registration tax" or "Emmisions tax" and not "Import duty" its ok as far as the faggot EU is concerned.

For example France has no road tax. The UK has no tax on registration.
>>
>>15168013
even 50000 people can make a difference. if everyone contributed 2 euros to a fund to challenge the law or details of the law then you could do something.
>>
>>15168028
the eu is not going to anything but the euro court might. but only if a case is brought to it. otherwise obviously not.
>>
>>15167949
you are probably right

>>15167974
>Poor is relative
I agree
>The Anon who lives in California may well have a lower quality of life...
Yeah shit open 24/7 pretty girls and "legal" top shelf weed, LIFE IS SUCH A STRUGGLE IN LA

Let me walk you through the other guy's typical day
>wake up
>counts chickens in chicken coop
>drives his shitbox of a mustang to the hardware store, blasting Taylor Swift or some other country music on the way
>gets home and beats his wife (read: cousin)
>plants corn or some bullshit in his gay ass farm
>evening comes, anon drinks moonshine and plays the banjo for the rest of the night
>goes to sleep
>wake up, repeat
>>
>>15168062
Mandolins are much sweeter than banjos
>>
>>15168062
Fuck off, yankee. How bout I cut out all that farming and just play my fuckin banjo and drink moonshine while I'm hooning around in that shitbox Mustang all day and see how you like not fucking eating
>>
>>15168058
No law has been broken. Modifying cars is not a right.
>>
>>15168097
I shop at Vallarta
>>
>>15168103
it is in a free country
>>
>>15166685
>befriend an engineer
>ask him to validate all yoour shit

wow that was hard
>>
File: image.png (123 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
image.png
123 KB, 800x585
>live in Indiana
>no inspections
>no emissions check
>tint laws rarely enforced
>cheap insurance
>could plate just about anything with brake lights and turn signals
>feels good
>'Murcia
>>
>>15167976

Oh, so you want to see how deep the rabbit hole is? Well strap the fuck in, we're going for a ride.

If you're yuropean, you know what the TÜV is, right? As little as it does actually testing each part on each car, it does state if it complies with specs and safety, and most countries take it into account when at least deciding if this or that is safe to use. It is recognized as a certification.

Now here, one day some fatfuck said
>You know what, let's make a law saying the TÜV means nothing for car parts.

So this is what happens: only allowed parts in your car are the ones certified by the brand itself. That's right folks, if you install an air filter the car manufacturer didn't specifically say "yes this is suitable for our car", then your car is illegal. Luckily, once again, cops and inspections won't bother with checking each and every part to make sure it's legal, so this was one of those "Yeah we made another law! HIGH FIVE!".
I do have to say, to this day, I still don't get how we get away with tyre brands that didn't come standard with the car.
>>
>>15168151
>murcia
yeah i love spain too
>>
>>15168149
Or even better
>become engineer
>validate all your own stuff
>>
>>15168194
>become an engineer
>too busy enjoying dicks up the ass to validate anything
>>
>>15168165
why did they do that? don't you have a pro business party that might be swayed to repeal that shit law?
>>
>>15168201
>become penis validating engineer
>get paid to enjoy dicks in the ass
>>
>>15168149

Said engineer also needs to get validated by the IMTT (our DMV) to approve this shit as a certified auto techlab, so it's not that simple.
>>
>>15167884
A man meets a genie. The genie says; "I shall grant unto you one of these three great gifts: unending wealth, beauty unmatched by nothing, or unlimited wisdom. Now, choose." After a moment of pondering, the man says "I wish for unlimited wisdom." The genie nods and makes a gesture. "It is gone" he says, and vanishes in a poof of smoke.

The now wise man's first thought is, "I should have asked for the wealth."
>>
>>15168205
You'd think that someone somewhere there would point out that car modification part supply is literally a multi billion dollar industry in the countries that allow it and that if somebody managed to get in on the ground floor in their country then lots of money could be made.

Then again, no doubt somebody that already has lots of money is interested in keeping the status quo so you'd have to overcome that.
>>
>>15167275
>Because with bigger tyres you end up with bigger CO2 emissions

this is wrong
larger wheels = lower engine speed at the same road speed = lower emissions = better fuel economy

downside is higher rolling resistance and weight can counteract the fuel economy gained through mechanical advantage, but a very light aftermarket wheel and Prius tires would be superior to -2" OEM wheels and tires.
>>
>>15168205

Keep in mind Portugal has one of the highest, if not the highest levels of corruption in Europe (hell, even an ex Prime Minister is under investigation right now).
There is a huge game of interests going on here, and there's no doubt someone big is making money off how things are right now. They have the connections to keep it as it is, why would it change? Unless heads roll up there, nothing we do matters.
>>
>>15168333
See, that's why I admire the French. They have some backbone.
If they're not happy they'll torch the country to get their way.
>>
>>15168449
They may torch shit, but nothing really changes. If it does change its always for the worst.
>>
>>15167291

Want to know how the leftists we have right now are in power?
Being the losing party (2nd place), they made deals with the other leftist parties to take down the winning party's government (seriously, only lasted a handful of days, only had 40% of seats in the Parliament), and took advantage of a loophole in the constitution to get in power.
Basically when you have a president's election, you can't have any other type of election in the previous or next 6 months. Since we couldn't be a fuckload of months without a set government, leftists guaranteed their "substitute government" is approved by the president, they were in majority because of the deals they made.

Fun fact. Winning party proposed to change the constitution and eliminate the 6 month restriction, and have a fair election for the people. Leftist fucks refused.

Now enough of /pol/, let's get back to this retardation.
>>
File: antonio-costa.png (408 KB, 716x582) Image search: [Google]
antonio-costa.png
408 KB, 716x582
>>15168481

Fun-fact #2: Our current Prime Minister is an actual, genuine, poo in loo descendant, and is proud of it.
>>
>>15168480
still better than just lubing your own arsehole and bending over
>>
>>15168506
POO
>>
>>15168539
When you are living on a low salary and barely have any free capital you will not want to risk losing it just to torch a few cars. People are neither desperate nor comfortable enough to afford messing about with that anarchy rebel shit
>>
Protip: they want you to buy expensive new cars, pay your taxes, keep people employed, "save the environment" and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>15167895

>If you have aftermarket springs on it that aren't painted black you're pretty much guaranteed to fail.

Didn't read this thoroughly the first time. Here's another story from the wonderful world of the portuguese scene I actually told here once. Just don't expect an lpg

>Friend's factory shocks shat themselves
>Replaces them with ones made from a third-party, same factory spec but painted blue.
>Inspection comes up, immediate FAIL for "illegal modifications", gets told to replace the tuning shocks. Yeah, the technical term these inspection guys told him is "tuning shocks" (as you can guess already, they truly believe anyone that modifies his car is an inbred fuck). Oh and don't say "contest the result", my advice is "just don't"
>has 15 days to do it.
>Doesn't replace them, just paints them black
>Re-inspected, same dude, passed with flying colors
>He even says "see how it rides better with factory shocks?"

Also, what if I told you they do NOT check if the damping and rebound values match stock settings? And only if there's not much difference between left and right?

Yeah, this system is broken as fuck.
>>
>>15170348
Yep. If they suspect you have aftermarket springs (other than black, like I said) they'll compare the ride height to the stock one and fail it in a blink of an eye even if it's like 3cm.
But you can have it lowered like 8cm but as long as the springs are painted black they won't give a fuck in most cases.

Not to mention people who go there with compressed stock springs which are fucking dangerous and they don't even care because, like you said, they don't even check the damping and rebound values.
>>
>>15170348
>>He even says "see how it rides better with factory shocks?"
That is so depressing.
>>
>>15167047
>>15167340

>inb4 Florida
>>
>>15167580
He's obviously a government shill.
>>
I haven't told anybody about my illegal mods, and been getting away with it for years.

>no emissions control
>tinted lights
>window tint is 5%, obviously illegal from across the parking
>no front plate

The lone star state gives zero fucks about any of it so long as you say nothing.
>>
>>15167337
ARE YOU STUPID?

aussie here, we also got a load of draconian laws to stop bogan cunts doing burnouts and waking people up like in your story

guess what they do now.

EXACTLY THE SAME FUCKING THING.

the laws changed nothing cunt, all these kind of laws do is fuck over people like OP who want to make a pretty fucking normal mod that has zero fucking impact on anyone.

you are a bootlicker or an atrocious troll.

trolling is about backing someone into a corner with well reasoned arguments and logical fallacies, you're unable to do either, because you think just getting a reaction is trolling.

Educate yourself and learn to propose your arguments better.
>>
>>15166953
Tejas?
>>
>>15168506
>not being proud of your old colonial empire

GOA IS FOREVER PORTUGAL INDIA DIE IN FIRE
>>
>>15172971

I'm not proud of came from it. Let's review:

>Leftist fucks that threw a fit when they lost a fair election
>Used a flaw in the system to get in power
>Designated shitting prime minister
>Instead of actual people qualified for the role, ministries are filled with muh diversity and "jobs for the boys"

It truly can't fit the fucking leftist stereotype any better
>>
>>15167157
>I'm not a chav
>I drive a Corsa Sport
>>
>>15168268

Yeah but think about of the ecological impact their production had. 97% of scientists agree it's too late to do anything but that doesn't mean we should poison the world.
>>
>>15169016
you're absolutely pathetic
we should nuke portugal
>>
>>15173897

By prohibiting wider tyres?

Because that's what is being discussed here
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 816x612
>>15167268
You guys have any advice for me? I'm going to have to buy a few vehicles just to drive around, go camping, and keep the grounds maintained etc. I prefer older cars.
Will I have to pay a lot in taxes and insurance?

Also, can someone explain if the mods in the picture are legal or not?
>>
>>15166685
German EU rule is wonderful isnt it?
>>
>>15174015

This pic made me wonder.
Do American trucks usually participate in the Dakar Rally?
>>
>>15174015
>Will I have to pay a lot in taxes and insurance?
Nem por isso, carros mais antigos, ou menos recentes, pagam menos de IUC e seguro.
>>
>>15174015

All of them can be legalized, given you're willing to pay. Maybe you're asking which ones you can install without needing to approve, and in that case it's none, even the grill guard, if it did not come standard with the truck (I think older ones are exempt for the grill guard, but don't quote me on this).
I can see the need to approve grill and roof lights, since you can blind oncoming drivers if they're not set up properly, especially roof ones, as they sit so high. But for a snorkel? Beats the shit out of me
>>
>>15174237
Mitsubishi is Japanese you dumb yuropoor.
>>
>>15166685
>any kind of modification requires written proof of compatibility from the brand or an independent approved auto engineer
good
>And it still needs to be added to the car's registry by the car and road institute, which can still invalidate said proof you had to pay for, if they feel like it
good
>Cars taxed to hell and back
I'm not poor.

I'm glad EU streets aren't filled with Rednecks and their Deathtraps.
>>
>this thread
Holy fuck, I thought we had it bad here in Switzerland where I can't legally (not that it stopped) put a strut brace in my car, apparently due to "pedestrian safety" issues. According to our lovely DMV "experts", the strut brace could keep the hood from collapsing as intended, leading to pedestrians hit by the car hitting their head on the brace.
>>
>>15167157
>truck
>factory spec is 225/70/15 front and rear

>lowered truck
>330/20/16 rears
>300/30/16 fronts
>such is autox life

I love freedom™
>>
>>15174698

We have that and even worse. I know a guy with a fiat coupe 20vt that got ticketed for his "aftermarket" strut brace, and was forced to take a b-type inspection to guarantee the car was stock. Things got his way and the ticket was lifted, but still had to pay 80€ for the inspection
>>
>>15174237
Dakar vehicles are WAAAAY more modified than that truck.
>>
>meter 17 polegadas num corsa
num 1.2 com 70 cavalos
aposto que tbm tem aileron matias
>>
>>15175822

>17 on a corsa

Who?
>>
>>15167337
Fuck off, typical leftist cunt
>>
>>15166685
That's what you get for driving an Opel.
>>
I seriously wanna get the fuck outta this shithole but to where? I don't wanna go to the USA because it's the land of lolautomatic but is this shit any different in the rest of Europe?
>>
>>15176506
Japan, just be ready to pay out the ass
>>
>>15176506
brasil has the same language so try that
uk and ireland are relatively relaxed when it comes to modding cars
plenty of manuals still in america
>>
>>15176606
>brasil
No I value my life a little more than that
>>
>>15176588
Why Japan?
>>
>>15177320
because dumb weeb
>>
>>15174827
Holy shit, that's some really fucked up stuff. I doubt the cops would give much of a shit about a strut brace here to be honest, even if it was technically against the rules. I think they're more after actual speeders and maybe too loud exhausts or excessive lowering. Stuff that could conceivably impair the vehicle's safety. Then again, I wouldn't know - the only time I've ever been pulled over was right after I got my license and it was for driving too slow (was lugging my mom's Audi Cabriolet up a hill in 4th gear at 40km/h in an 80 zone with 3 cars behind me, lol). They were pretty weirded out but didn't give me a hard time at all. Just told me to stop being retarded and downshift already.
>>
>>15177320
>good car selections, not automatic shithole like america
>can actually modify your car

Shame cars are way more expensive than in America and there's a bunch of taxes but it's still better than communist Europe
>>
>>15177434
>I think they're more after actual speeders
Yeah right, almost every single time I go by a cop I'm speeding but I keep my cool and just overtake them
Nobody actually obeys the speed limit at certain roads like the A1 or Segunda Circular so even if you get caught doing 100 or 110 at Segunda Circular nobody's gonna do shit because the cops you're overtaking are probably speeding too lmao
>>
>>15177692
bwahaha are u not american or just a dumb weeb?
>>
>>15179095
I live in socialism

also fuck off with your buzzwords
>>
>>15179095
>>15177342
xDD
>>
The best part about cars in Portugal is how we still pay double taxes on new cars - which has been deemed illegal multiple times
>>
>>15181389
Its technically not illegal, because you're paying registration tax, not import duty.
>>
>>15181457
I mean paying IVA + ISV
>>
>>15182271
compra carros com pouca cilindrada e alta potência e essa tributação IVA+ISV nao se faz sentir
>>
File: Mazda RX-7_11.jpg (169 KB, 1600x1170) Image search: [Google]
Mazda RX-7_11.jpg
169 KB, 1600x1170
>>15182662
I guess I'll have to make a small sacrifice
>>
>>15182698
Good luck finding one in pastel de nata land for a good price.
>>
>>15166685
t. Alberto barbossa
>>
comprem fiestas 1.0 com 125 cavalos, não há muito melhor por aquele preço, NOVO
>>
>>15183184
depressing as fuck
>>
>>15182889
>>15182698

You wish, those fatfucks at the parliament threw a fit when they found out about it only being 1.3, and we can't be allowed to have that weapon of mass destruction and killing machine, oh no.

So in the good old portuguese way, tax is doubled for rotaries.
>>
>>15184685
Are we the most cucked in terms of cars in Europe?
>>
>>15166685
Why is age of empires nig a meme?
>>
>>15185165

No, we have transcended the state of cuckening. It's like these fags specifically go out of their way to prohibit everything car related.
Waiting for the day it's illegal to build your pc and overclock it, because you're obviously an hacker if you do.
>>
>>15186446

African tribes expansion. For some reason they thought it was a good idea to include Portugal there.
>>
>>15187537
>Waiting for the day it's illegal to build your pc and overclock it, because you're obviously an hacker if you do.
Its already illegal.

Any modification, alteration, construction, and manufacture of a factory manufactured item; such item/s being modified, altered, assembled, constructed, or manufactured in a way which does not; fit the intention of the original manufacturer or may commonly be used to aid, or allow the commission of a crime or contravention, such item requires prior approval from a certified engineer or the or the manufacturer.
Possession, manufacture, modification, construction and assembly of such item/s is a punishable offense.
>>
File: tmp_2147-578-1066497803.jpg (21 KB, 338x243) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2147-578-1066497803.jpg
21 KB, 338x243
>>15188050

Wait, I never saw that used in a general case, just on car parts. Might have to recheck
Just...wow
>>
>>15188050
But when you buy a pc in parts everything is considered compatible by the manufacturers
>>
File: 1392105464577.jpg (23 KB, 300x268) Image search: [Google]
1392105464577.jpg
23 KB, 300x268
>>15188050
>re-paint house using unapproved paintbrush
>go to jail
>>
>>15167275
Jesus fucking Christ, this is why I hate my country.

Mata-te meu mano
>>
>>15166953
>pull out emissions equipment
>make donation to favorite auto shop
>100% legal
FTFY
>>
>>15188961
I don't hate my country.
Just the people in it who try to change it because they wish they were living somewhere else.
>>
>>15189245
So you hate democracy?
>>
>>15167846
Here in California I just swap back in the stock engine before I take my car in
>>
>>15190146
now that's dedication to beating the system. i like it sir
>>
>>15190166
It's a 6 hour job in and out and it's good for another 2 years.

Does take up space though
>>
>>15190146
Why are you using an older engine in a newer car?
>>
>>15166953
>live in free and non-cucked state (ky)
>add sub fame connectors
>put wider tires on it
>swap in bigger, more powerful, 7 year newer murrican v8 engine
>pull out all emissions equipment
>straight pipe it
>100% legal
>Feels fantastic
>>
>>15190116
Not really. I hate progressives.
>>
>>15166953
>live in California
>have wrangler with full width spring over dana 60s
>custom 3 link coilovers in the front.
>40" xterrains
>SBC swap
>100% legal
feels good too, enjoy the planes flying over
>>
>>15190544
So you hate anyone who tries to change something then? What kind of system do you want to live in exactly?
>>
>>15192376
the world was perfectly okay in 1995
then we had to fuck with it
>>
>>15192376
Where do you hope to go with this argument?
>>
Different sized tires will cause changes in handling. So it's a valid safety concern.
>>
>>15194407
You're stupid.
>>
>>15166685

>OH GOD IT'S SO HORRIBLE

You know this is one of the reasons we get to enjoy Autobahn without speed limits. If you had to worry about every stupid fuck having 4 different wheel sizes on their cars or cars being in total state of disrepair while doing 250km/h the people would have longed for speed limits a long time ago.
>>
>>15196346
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>15167269
>implying anyone i know declares their mods
in all fairness some companies like adrian fluxiand sky insurance sometimes quote you cheaper depending on car and mods for having a modified car under the (poor) assumption that modified = looked after
>>15176506
the uk is pretty lax with modifications as long as you dont get retarded with it and as long as you tell your insurer about your mods
dont go to ireland with it though the auto community there is undergoing a grand event known as "the cuckening" and theres a massive overzealous crackdown on any sort of hooning/illegal mods by the garda not to mention the insurance companies quoting thousands to cuck you into using a black box (telematics tracking).
>>
>>15197119
SWAP IN THAT TWO LITER, CITIZEN. MAYBE CONSIDER A NICE 900CC?

WOULDN'T WANT YOU BOYS GOING FAST! HERE'S A BLACK BOX FOR YOUR TROUBLE. OH, YOU HIT A POTHOLE? LOOKS LIKE YOUR PREMIUMS ARE GOING UP :^)
>>
>>15197119
Gotta watch out with those powerful two liter cars.
>>
>>15197119
>tfw ireland
Maybe I should just drive without insurance. I live in the middle of fucking nowhere anyway
>>
File: 12361235123.jpg (22 KB, 263x261) Image search: [Google]
12361235123.jpg
22 KB, 263x261
>>15167846
>to have the car inspected

What kind of gestapo tier shit is this?
>>
>>15167637
thats the deal with leftists. just because THEY cant drive fast safely or becaue THEY cant modify their cars properly, or because THEY cant own a gun without imagining themselvea slaughtering innocents daily, well, then, NOBODY ELSE CAN EITHER.
>>
Why don't you just swap the wheels/tires you want and not worry about it? In a cuck country like portugal I doubt the cops would have enough balls to even know the difference from stock.
>>
>>15168103
Yes it fucking is. A car you paid for is your property and it's your right to alter your property as you please.
>>
>>15190571
>enjoy the planes flying over
lel cuckold jeepfag in Commifornia damage controlling, hey how's the smog testing working out for you

I got an ocean too nigga, and no it ain't Florida
>>
>>15190571
Have fun navigating the designer mall parking lots?
>>
>>15196346
Instead you have to worry about whether or not your gf is getting plowed by Jamal in our own bed and whether or not you have to sleep on the couch tonight.
>>
>>15200170
On your property. As soon as you drive it onto a public road you agree to respect its rules or face the consequences.
>>
>>15200161

You're right, they don't, and that is exactly the problem. I got this from a GNR officer that lives close to me, and I'm sure a fellow portuguese can confirm this. Their orders are for, on doubt, ticket and send them to an extra inspection, exactly like I said at >>15170348 , ticketed because he thought the strut brace was modified, when in fact it came stock with the car.

In retrospect, not that surprising, considering we recently got a law approved stating police officers have their monthly income based on the amount of tickets they give. The more tickets, the more they earn.
>>
>>15200503

Fuck, meant to quote my post at >>15174827 instead
>>
>>15166685
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
File: ITV.jpg (125 KB, 537x654) Image search: [Google]
ITV.jpg
125 KB, 537x654
Hey tugabros.

Sadly in Spain it isn't any better either.

Whoever posted a 5% tolerance regarding tyre sizes ITT, I'd kill for that.

Here we stuck to 3%.

I can't speak for cars, but it really sucks for bikes as the sportiest tires aren't available in smaller or older formats.

If you're in luck and your bike has something like 100/80/17 you can go for 110/70/17. If you have 160/60 on the rear you can also use 180/55, but that doesn't matter much as plenty of newer bikes use 160/60.

It really does suck a lot as plenty of Yamahas and Hondas from the 90s use 120/60 and if you want to use a 120/70 tire legally, you can't.

Oddly enough Yamaha Spain has been rather benevolent about it, and it does give you homologation (sic) papers rather easily.

I mailed Honda about it and

>Le informamos que hemos pasado su consulta al departamento de Homologaciones de donde nos indican que no es posible homologar otra medida de neumáticos por parte de Honda.

So no dice. You could take it to a shop that can do the homologation process for you independently, but that's at least 150€. Then when you pass the inspection you have to pay another 40€ for them to put that in your Ficha Tecnica. So you're looking at upwards of 200€ just to run a with 12mm more diameter.

Ironically, the enthusiasts I met in these situations seem to go full-on call-the-cops-i-don't-give-a-fuck, running actual race slicks on the street with threads carved manually (not something I'd advise but hey) full-on race exhausts, tail tidy things and all sorts of things that make you wonder "How hasn't this guy had this bike aprehended yet"

Thankfully we have the inspection thing here once every 2 years for bikes, so I'm going set up the bike only to pass those retarded inspections, then I'll go full-on I don't give a shit too.

If you're american and you live on a state that does not have vehicle inspections, you have it best. Live the dream for us, burgher anons.
>>
>>15200394
The thing is that the rules are fucking bullshit and should be more like America's, but nope, this is the consequence of living in socialism, fuck anyone that thinks this is a reasonable model
Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.