[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it be a douchebag move to buy a 2015 golf tdi? I like the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1463873707890.jpg (27 KB, 540x517) Image search: [Google]
1463873707890.jpg
27 KB, 540x517
Would it be a douchebag move to buy a 2015 golf tdi? I like the car and don't care about how clean it runs
>>
>>15154325
Remember that they didn't just lie about how clean it was, they also lied about the actual MPG since their cars switched operating conditions to give higher MPG during testing.

It is like all those PC computer graphics cards that switched operating modes when they detected a testing program was running. That was how nvidia got huge speed "performance" ratings.
>>
>>15154325
If you choose to use the recall, the car would have the computer adjusted to run cleaner, but its MPG would drop a lot. So if you wanted to be the maximum douchebag, you would refuse to take the car in for this recall. By not fixing it, you get the best MPG at the cost of the environment (and thus cheapest operating cost for you).
>>
>>15154386
Good luck passing emissions, stupid ass. Once the recall is over the unmodified cars won't be street legal.
>>
>>15154325
you can get them for really cheap nowadays. i had a tdi wagon, it was okay but super boring even with the manual.
>>
>>15154492
The person knows if they have emissions testing or not. Obviously, if emissions testing is mandatory, it will be done. But the OP said he doesn't care about how clean it runs, so that implies he is in a state that doesn't require emissions testing. Otherwise, the cars are going to have the recall changes installed and thus have lower performance, less horsepower, and lower mileage.
>>
>>15154368
no car company is as scummy as Nvidia
>gimps old cards so you have an incentive to buy their newer cards (which will deprecate in 2yrs an yway)
>speeds up gameplay footage in Lagman so it looks like the game is running at a higher FPS
>>
>>15154325
>how clean it runs
VAG TDIs not running "clean" is just a massive media hoax. CO2 emissions is what kills the environment, not NOx. Now, NOx isn't good for the environment either, but the American maximum emissions for CO2 vs NOx are completely out of whack to keep European diesel engines out of the American market. As a rough rule of thumb, diesels are more fuel efficient the hotter they run, but the hotter they run, the more air their burn, like literally oxidizing the nitrogen molecules. It's a sliding scale between CO2 and NOx emissions, within certain boundaries. VW can pretty easily tune their engines towards the less NOx end of the sacle, at the cost of either performance or efficiency.

Here in Germany there's people who have driven "unclean" TDIs for years, FOR YEARS, and only now that this "scandal" has surfaced do they suddenly realize that their cars cause all kind of respiratory problems. Of course, which none of them or anyone they know with TDIs actually have.

A 2015 Golf TDI is still better for the environment than a V8 brotruck that nobody ever questions.
>>
>>15155350
.50 Euros have been deposited into your account. Thank you on behalf of VAG for correcting the record.
>>
>>15155359
Modern VAG TDIs are the posterchild of the German automotive industry, which is the main source of revenue for Germany which is the economically driving force behing the entire EU.

I won't stand idly by as America, the country where pushrods and springleaf suspensions are the defining features of the most patriotic car ever, is trying to shit on the heart of the European economy. Just admit that your cars are pretty much collectively rubbish and that not only Japan and Germany, but also Korea, France and Italy are making way better cars than you already.

Also, stop trying to force the Tesla down the throat of the entire world. Lithium based batteries charged with nuclear or coal power will never be more clean than a properly efficient diesel.
>>
>>15155421
.50 Euros have been deposited into your account. Thank you on behalf of VAG for correcting the record.
>>
>>15155437
I'm not wrong though, am I? If I'm wrong, please correct me.
>>
>>15155192
>no car company is as scummy as Nvidia
>>gimps old cards so you have an incentive to buy their newer cards (which will deprecate in 2yrs anyway)
>>speeds up gameplay footage in Lagman so it looks like the game is running at a higher FPS

It's legal for nvidia to do that as their market is UNregulated unlike the car market which still has some regulations (as volkswagon found out).
>>
>>15154368
They didn't lie about mpg. Pretty much all tdis beat their epa estimates.

>>15154325
TDIs are good if you get a manual. The dsg requires more maintenance.
>>
>>15155567
>They didn't lie about mpg.
You can't cheat on the MPG anyway, everyone can tell what he's putting into the tank. Lying about the realistic numbers has become such common practice that nobody believes the OEM numbers anyway. Back in uni we were taught how to program ECUs to detect the fuel consumption test cycle and switch to a more efficient setup. Every manufacturer cuts corners and stretches the truth, it's nothing new.
>>
>>15154325
No.
Get the DPF deleted, remap it to run rich as fuck and run a straight pipe.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.