[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Subaru vs Acura
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: subarulogo.jpg (94 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
subarulogo.jpg
94 KB, 600x450
Looking for a small/ compact SUV with safety

Looking at the subaru outback limited 2.5i with eyesight + nav

also thinking about the acura RDX with acurawatch + tech + backup sensors

I drive about 7,500 miles a year, the collision mittagation + the other safety stuff is what I am looking for and having a nav is a major plus.

what other cars should I look at, and your thoughts on subaru va acura
>>
S U B A R U
U
B
A
R
U
>>
>>15141993
>buying crossover
Are you a woman?

Gtfo normie.
>>
>>15141993
NA Subarus are tanks. You can't really go wrong with the Outback. You can get a base Outback 3.6R for around the same price as a loaded 2.5i limited, though. I'd rather have the extra power over eyesight and navigation.

>>15142568
The Outback is more of a lifted wagon than a crossover.
>>
>>15143364
No it's not. Old ones are wagons, the new behemoth is a crossover.
>>
>>15143394
What changed that made it a crossover? It's the same size, shape, and has very similar styling as the old one, which literally was a lifted wagon. The new one can still be lowered easily by bolting on the Legacy springs and struts, just like the last 4 generations.
>>
File: 08 vs. 2010 005 (small).jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
08 vs. 2010 005 (small).jpg
48 KB, 640x480
>>15143430
they made it larger with the 4th gen outback
>>
Not sure if this is the place to ask, but would a 98 Impreza automatic with 195k miles be worth $2100
>>
File: Comb26052016085002.jpg (103 KB, 636x714) Image search: [Google]
Comb26052016085002.jpg
103 KB, 636x714
>>15144411
Well yeah, it moved from the midsize Legacy platform to the full size Tribeca platform in 2010. The Impreza has been on the Legacy platform since 2008.

That still doesn't make it a crossover, there are plenty of crossovers that are smaller than even the 05-09 Outback. Crossovers are more like lifted hatchbacks.

Inb4 >Jalopnik but they wrote a good article that lays down the differences between wagons and hatchbacks. Most crossovers don't qualify, but the Outback does.
>>
Outback is on Legacy platform, Crosstrek is Impreza platform.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.