[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Likely on't be for a couple years but I'm bored an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: attachment[1].jpg (231 KB, 1300x975) Image search: [Google]
attachment[1].jpg
231 KB, 1300x975
Likely on't be for a couple years but I'm bored and would like to hear opinions; selling my 370z, stuck between these three cars as my next DD:
Note: all would be manual and I have not test driven any due to laziness

E92:
+ Comfiest interior
+ Best DD
+ Can badgewhore
+ Not too flashy
+ Really good visibility (sick of not being able to see anything in modern cars)
+ Last good 3 series
+ Very good balance of what I want in a car although nothing particularly stands out either
- Low on power
- Most expensive to maintain
- Everything in the area is a 325/328i (looking for 330) and/or AWD
- BMW stereotypes (not a deciding factor)

C6 Corvette [base]:
+ Power and lots of it
+ Reliable (hurrdurrGMmeme)
+ Inexpensive to maintain
+ Torque out the ass
- Expensive, many being above my budget
- Sub-par interior
- Despite fitting most of my criteria, it just doesn't reach out to me

AP2 S2K:
+ Apparently REALLY engaging to drive
+ Has that X factor that the C6 lacks
+ Interior is really aesthetically appealing
+ Manual only meaning I have a lot to choose from
+ Appreciating in value
- Harshest as a DD
- Zero low-end torque will probably get old quickly
- Don't need another convertible (have a Miata as a "weekend" car)
- Honda community is somehow worse than the BMW (again, doesn't matter much)
- Probably going to die if I get T-boned or roll it

http://www.strawpoll.me/10312566
Will get off my ass and test drive whatever wins at a minimum.
>>
I drive an AP2 and my only complaint is the lack of space.

>Has that X factor that the C6 lacks
the fuck you talking about?
>>
>>15138772
Some cars just really stick out to me for no real objective reason, the S2K does that whereas the C6 doesn't, this isn't one of my heavier influences however. Space also isn't much of a concern for me.
>>
>>15138758
E46 was the last good 3-series brah. No dipstick in the e92.
>>
>>15138807
Yeah I'm not really a fan of that sort of thing but for overall driver engagement and the interior not being a fucking mess the E90 still seems to be okay.
>>
bimmer tech reporting:
if youre concerned about lack of power, get a 335, the higher cost to own and maintenance is well worth the extra fun. n54 for more low end torque if thats what youre looking for. if you dont need all wheel drive, dont get it, everything will be more expensive
>>
>>15138830
Was avoiding the N54 specifically due to its reputation as a moneypit. I also don't want AWD but 80% of E90s here are for some reason.
>>
>>15138836
Where do you live?
>>
>>15138836
n55's are pretty similar aside from the obvious. i dont see too many issues with the n54's, but mechanically the n55 is superior....i just really love not having to wait until 3 grand for the car to actually start moving
>>
>>15138836
Is the N54 in the 335i? then avoid it. My friend didn't believe in the meme and now he can't wait to dump it after the warranty is over. This thing had more electrical problems than his VW, ignoring the fuel pump and having to be towed 3-4 times
>>
>>15138856
NJ, moving to CO in all likeliness although I'm not sure whether I'd buy the car before or after
>>15138860
>.i just really love not having to wait until 3 grand for the car to actually start moving
Yeah this was also my concern with the S2K
>>15138862
Yes, the 335i is the N54.
>>
>>15138860
also avoid the first generation idrive, you will literally want to kill yourself trying to figure it out
>>
>>15138870
and n55 in the later models
>>
I am going with the vette because:

You say you have a miata. The s2k is literally a miata only hella upgraded. Why buy the same car twice?

The BMW:
>>15138836
Avoiding the N54

The N55 is in the newer models, which means more money.

So less money gets the N54 but you are still waiting for power, like the s2k.

All in all, I would go with the vette for more "happy" factor, plus cheap.

Or the BMW if you are willing to shell out more dough for a decent model, which also comes with more room to put things (which is a godsend if you go somewhere and need to get a lot of things)

Also, voted for vette in your poll.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.